Best protein powder to mix with fruit

Options
I am looking for a protein powder, preferabbly vanilla, that tastes great with a banana or some frozen berries or other fruits.

I have tried many a vanilla protein powder in my days and I find most of them too vanilla-y. I know there are some good plain chocolate flavoured proteins that go well with fruit too but I want a more neutral, less flavoured protein. My favourite with fruit is probably the Optimum Nutrition or Isopure (with carbs) vanilla protein powders but neither of these I am overly impressed by.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Replies

• geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    There are a few companies that offer samples. TruNutrition Sciences is one which sells trials of their Trutein blend.

http://www.truscience.com/samples.html

Edit: Oops. Just noticed you aren't in the US. Unfortunately they don't ship samples to non-US addresses. I don't like many vanilla powders because they usually taste weird. Trutein, though, has a subtle vanilla taste but it's not overpowering.
  • togmo
    togmo Posts: 257
    Options
    Yeah, I have tried lots of different flavoured ones but haven't really found one I love yet. The chocolate ones seem to disappear the fastest but the missus wants some variation and she seems insistent that a vanilla option is available but I find them all a little strange tasting.

I might just keep trying til I find something I like. I usually mix one scoop with a cup of full cream milk and a few ice cubes and drink it like a frappe/thickshake. Super yummy, in fact I might make one now...
  • sirvivor007
    sirvivor007 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition100% gold standard French Vanilla Creme. Best base flavor I have found and over past 20 years I have tried quite a few. Highest quality whey, 24g protien per, lower carb.
  • togmo
    Options
    Yeah, that one is probably my favourite at the moment too 007. I like most of the ON ones, along with the isopure range and Musclepharm range too. Guess I will just stick to the French Vanilla Creme for now.

Anyone tried the bodybuilding.com vanilla one?
  • SheGlistensasSheSings
    Options
    Protizyme peanutbutter is phenomenal
  • togmo
    Options
    I have been looking up quite a few as I am getting ready to place an order in the new year (and I am bored) and both the Trutein and Protizyme ones don't ship to Australia...

It definitely limits my options. They both looked really good too, that Trutein one had a cinnabun flavour with high flavour rankings too, that would have been a sure fire winner!

Edit - it seems that every protein has a special NOTE: Can't ship to AU but I seem to be able to get to the checkout and I am assuming they would take my money if I proceeded? Not sure what is going on, I usually buy in the US shop, who knows, I might be able to try some of those new ones out after all?