FOODIES slow down analyze a food

I want to take the time to taste what I am eating and decide if it is worth the calories. I know there are some I eat and expect to taste good but just aren't to me anymore.

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    is there a question/point here…? Or just a general statement?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I want to take the time to taste what I am eating and decide if it is worth the calories. I know there are some I eat and expect to taste good but just aren't to me anymore.
    Congratulations?
  • Taamyjo
    Taamyjo Posts: 22 Member
    I did analyze fudge, on two occasions and found it really lacking to satisfy me. I felt there was very little chocolate taste and an overwhelming sugar taste. I prefer foods that have a complex, interesting, noteworthy taste. When I find a restaurant I like I go back and of course the opposite is true if I don't like it. I just want to make some better choices with my food.
  • Taamyjo
    Taamyjo Posts: 22 Member
    Yes, I guess I didn't word it well. I am hoping others will analyze some foods and post to help me maybe see the light and be more thoughtful in my own food choices. I figure there are some good food critics out there and I need to be one if I am going to eat, enjoy and not overdo.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Um. k. :huh:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Yes, I guess I didn't word it well. I am hoping others will analyze some foods and post to help me maybe see the light and be more thoughtful in my own food choices. I figure there are some good food critics out there and I need to be one if I am going to eat, enjoy and not overdo.
    The flaw there is everyone tastes food differently. I hate seafood of any kind, but a lot of other people love it.

To me, a Cinnabon isn't worth the calories for the taste, but to someone else, it's the best thing ever.
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    It doesn't matter whether I eat my food slowly or "inhale" it. It really doesn't alter the taste hey... I don't think I would ever get my vegetables in if I took my time to taste them :smile:

Although I do sometimes take my time with chocolate, ice cream, chips and the like. Not often though :smile:
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    no..its just food
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    what?!