A little frustrated with myself

Options
I have been doing stage 3 of Ripped in 30 this week and I don't mind that it's hard, what I do mind is that my body just decides not to work anymore on some of the moves. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem? I still do all I can do and push myself during the workout, it is like my body will physically not do it. So if anyone else has had this problem, any suggestions would be awesome. Thank you.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? I know when I don't fuel my body enough, my workouts struggle. Also, can you open your diary so we can evaluate. Do you have any food pre workout?
  • doglover1984
    doglover1984 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? I know when I don't fuel my body enough, my workouts struggle. Also, can you open your diary so we can evaluate. Do you have any food pre workout?

I think I eat about 1300- 1500 a day, and I don't know how to open my diary I'm sorry I just figured out how to do the little graph thing lol. I don't usually eat before my workout because I do it right when I wake up before the kids get up but I do eat after.
  • psuLemon
    Options

I think I eat about 1300- 1500 a day, and I don't know how to open my diary I'm sorry I just figured out how to do the little graph thing lol. I don't usually eat before my workout because I do it right when I wake up before the kids get up but I do eat after.

What is your height weight age? Do you have a sedentary job or active job? Also, since you stated you think you eat about 1300-1500 calories, I assume you do not have a food scale? If not, you should as it's a critical tool to ensure accuracy.

To open your diary.. go to home <-- Settings <--- Diary Settings <-- make public (bottom of screen)
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    This is the phenomenon of willpower. Either that or you need a rest day.
  • doglover1984
    Options

I do my workout monday to friday and then take the weekends off to give my body some healing time, and I know I need it this week as my body is super sore.
  • doglover1984
    Options

What is your height weight age? Do you have a sedentary job or active job? Also, since you stated you think you eat about 1300-1500 calories, I assume you do not have a food scale? If not, you should as it's a critical tool to ensure accuracy.

To open your diary.. go to home <-- Settings <--- Diary Settings <-- make public (bottom of screen)

I am 5'4 and I now weigh 195, I am a stay at home mom but I do stay very busy, I walk to kids back a forth to school 30 mins total in the morning and after school. And honestly I have never heard of a food scale where can you get one? And I will go open my diary.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Hi...How long has this been going on? It could be your body telling you to change up or rest...I would suggest that you take a week off and do something else...walk, run, etc and then come back to it. No need to stop altogether but could be the muscles you use in your workouts just need a change of pace.
  • MMulder68
    MMulder68 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy and I eat between 1700 and 2100 calories a day and I am steadily losing a pound a week. I don't think you are giving yourself enough fuel. EAT!
  • doglover1984
    Options
    Hi...How long has this been going on? It could be your body telling you to change up or rest...I would suggest that you take a week off and do something else...walk, run, etc and then come back to it. No need to stop altogether but could be the muscles you use in your workouts just need a change of pace.

I started stage 3 on monday, and by thursday I was sore but still pushed myself to do it, but today I tried pushing myself I did most of it but then there were some things my body just physically wont do, i also noticed after my shower that I am getting a few big bruses is that normal when you push your body hard?
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options

I do my workout monday to friday and then take the weekends off to give my body some healing time, and I know I need it this week as my body is super sore.

Do cardio instead? Run....
  • psuLemon
    Options

I am 5'4 and I now weigh 195, I am a stay at home mom but I do stay very busy, I walk to kids back a forth to school 30 mins total in the morning and after school. And honestly I have never heard of a food scale where can you get one? And I will go open my diary.
    You can get a food scale form Amazon or at your local store. I have the ozeri one and love it. They are like $20. Second, you really need to be more consistent with your logging. This is the only way to ensure success. Third, I suspect you are struggling with your workouts because you are starving yourself. 1100 calorie is not enough for a SAHM and one who is exercising. Based on your stats, a goal of 1800 calories would be much more beneficial. I would also recommend setting macros around 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats. Protein will help with satiety and muscle retention while fats are just very healthy for you and improve satiety.

You can do a custom set up by going to home<--- goals <--- change goals<-- custom

I would definitely try to eat around 1600 calories for a few days to see if that helps. But busy mom + exercise = huge calorie burner. Short of a metabolic condition or other medical condition, then you wont' gain new fat until you surpass 2200+ calories a day. I suggest a food scale to ensure accuracy.
  • psuLemon
    Options

Do cardio instead? Run....

30DS is a cardio program. Running won't provide any greater results.