FAIL

Options
:mad:
Wow...I am a big fat failure ....I posted this great post about how I was going to get back on track after falling off the wagon so to speak for a week, and guess what people....it has now been a month....and i havent done one damn thing! WTH is wrong with me?

Replies

• cef957
    cef957 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You are here now...that is what matters. Not what happened in the past - you can't change it!
  • cort330
    cort330 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    There's a quote that I live by - "Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you are right."
  • goodcat
    Options
    Yeah, ok? And so which one of us hasn't done THAT?! You are in great company there!

cef957 is right! You're here now.... so, start again! Do you remember how good it felt to take even a pound or two off? You can do it again. And remember every time you put something into your mouth, think "I can be happy for the next 5 minutes OR I can be happy for the next 5 years." It's a small choice.

I've lost 13 pounds on this site so far and it's the most I've taken off in ten years. I know the rest of the weight is going to come off more slowly but, I feel better now.... I got four compliments at church yesterday about looking nice and that NEVER happens (they didn't realize I had lost weight).

Women never do things for themselves but, this is something that is not that hard that you CAN do just for you. So what if you cheat? Count the calories, admit that you gave yourself a "cheat" and move on. Go get a glass of water or hop on the exercise bike. YOU CAN DO IT! And if you skip a day, ok, just start up again today.....

Good luck. You are not in this alone.... there are lots of us out here who are working right next to you and hoping you make it a good day today! Post again and let us know how you're doing!
  • Amanda141982
    Options
    You can get back on track! I'm a 6 time weight watchers drop out and I'm here! So get back on that wagon and get going!
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely right. I CAN do this....and so far today, I have done really well considering all that has went into my mouth the last month. I have even gotten some water down, which I have stopped doing completely.

THANK you ALL for your words of wisdom, and your encouragement. I have just been having a really really hard time lately with my personal life and everything else to boot, but this weight/dood thing is going to stop today...

:tongue: .
  • goodcat
    Options
    You CAN do it! You CAN do it! I ate potato chips for some of my calories today... and so, I am hungry now... BUT, I counted them and will suffer the consequences.... and drink more water!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    bb32

You only fail if you quit.

...and take it easy on yourself! You can't change your entire life in one day. You change what you can, when you can.
    Today you drank water! Good job! Just make the changes when you can. No pressure. You have the rest of your life.
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Three things that are currently working for me: First, REALLY make the commitment. For the past several years, I half-heartedly said "I'm so sick of this weight, I want to lose weight, I want to fit in my old jeans..." But this time, I really committed. You'll know the difference between really making that commitment and just wishing and half-heartedly trying. All of a sudden, brownies don't look enticing, you can pass by the cookies at work, and you don't need that glass of wine every night. It becomes a part of your psyche.

Second: Get yourself one big inspiration. Not "fit in my old jeans" but something BIG. I am a knitter/crocheter, and that is my primary hobby. There is an annual four-day extravaganza in California I've wanted to go to for years, but it's expensive--includes lessons on new techniques with professional designers/fiber artists, and it's to die for, for me. I worked it out with my husband that if I lose 40 pounds by the 2012 conference, he'll pay my way and I'll get to go. This is BIG for me. Something I would never do unless money fell out of the sky or if I lost weight.

Third: Don't restrict any foods (except the real killers, like the 700-cal Starbucks creamy sweet whatevers or the 1000-cal taco salad). Once you give yourself the latitude to eat what you want, and if you're truly committed (see #1), these foods all of a sudden don't appeal to you, because you know you've made a choice. But if you tell yourself "you can have that cookie if you want", like I said above, you all of a sudden DON'T need it. If you tell yourself you simply CAN NOT have any cookies, then you'll always want them. So give yourself the freedom to choose what you want to choose, and once you have made that commitment, it's so much easier to say "no thanks...don't need it."

Hope that helps!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    You're NOT a failure... don't call yourself that! Everyone has good days/bad days. This week I didn't get to the gym at all, but I did work in a few Wii Fit workouts. I figure, at least I ate well and did something. You have to cut yourself a break once in a while. After all, we're all human!!!! Just think of all the good you've done and get back on the horse!

Shannon
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    We all have good and bad days, weeks, or months. Can't change past, so just keep moving forward! Each day is new. This really is a lifestyle change. Portion learning, food learning. You can do it!