How long to lose the last 12 lbs?

Options
Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to lose your last 12 lbs? My goal isn't impossible either, I still have plenty of fat to lose and could probably go down 17 lbs still. My TDEE is probably around 2000 (should be around 1900 at goal weight) and I'm eating 1600 a day (but I had a cheat meal last week and obviously another one next week so I'm not increasing my goal yet lol).

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    with a calorie deficit of 3-400 cals per day you should be losing a pound every 10 days so 120 days....
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    In to see responses. I am hoping to have my last 12 off by summer since I am shooting for a 250 calorie deficit (1/2 pound a week) on average.
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    My "last 10" came off at pretty much the same rate as the "first 40". I didn't notice any change in rate (I also don't take "cheat days" - just try to eat sensibly every day)
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    with a calorie deficit of 3-400 cals per day you should be losing a pound every 10 days so 120 days....

Pretty much this. It's taken me about 4 months to lose 14 pounds.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I think my last 10 lbs took about a year to come off - but during that time I really quit focusing on the scale and went by measurements and how my clothes fit. I dropped a full pants size during that time while the scale didn't change at all - it was weeks later before the scale number dropped.

I was eating at about a 10-15% cut from my TDEE, exercising 5-6 days a week, about an hour or less per day, three days running 3-5 miles and 3 days of weights (dumbbells at home). That's still my routine, although I'm eating more now, and while I still want to lower body fat percentage a bit, I'm pretty much maintaining, at least through the holidays. :bigsmile: My weight fluctuates 5-8 lbs from my lowest weight, but all my clothes still fit the same, so no worries. Silly ol' scale! :tongue: