Hi... new to this

Options
Hi Everyone,
My name is Natalie and I am new to this site. It does seem like a good site and I am hoping it will help me stay motivated. I am looking to lose about 60-70 pounds. I got a rude awaking two weeks ago when my blood pressure was in the pre-hypertensive stage. I'm only 34. I have started to exercise and just need friends that will help me stay encouraged as I want to help encourage others. I have tried to lose weight before and was a bit successful, then I got pregnant. The ironic thing was I actually lost weight while I was pregnant but once my baby girl came, the weight piled back on very quickly. I also have been diagnosed with a condition called PCOS and losing weight will help me greatly with this condition. So I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks!

javascript:add_smiley('happy','topic_body')

Replies

• Dawnsdream
    Options
    Welcome ! and this is a great site and helps alot. Loosing the weight will help and maybe even get better as far as medications. My husband lost his weight and now he takes no medications and is alot healthier. I am trying to loose 35 pounds. I have lost 20 so far in two months. 15 more to go. Would love to have you join friends and help give you encouragement to stay with priogram. Dawn:happy:
  • patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hey there...I would be happy to be your friend on this and work together. I am new here as well so the more the merry. I was diagnosed about 3 months ago with Type 2 Diabetes and my blood pressure was so high they almost sent me to the Emergency Room. But through the changes in my diet and exercise, my last blood pressure reading was 124 over 70. So diet and exercise will do wonders. It can be tough but through those two things you CAN feel alot better. Drop a line anytime...
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this site is great, you learn soemthing new everyday. I wish you much success on your journey, there will be goods and some bads days, jsut never give up and keep pushing through at all times,.

Goodluck on your journey
  • dodgerslover12
    Options
    hey, im new to but im lossing the weight thank god.....well hope to talk to yuo soon :)
  • aurea7
    Options
    Hi im new to this too. Good luck to you. Im also looking to lose over 50 pounds im 40 years old and not feeling good about myself. I also had pcos. mine was soo bad i had to get a full hysteremey hope u dont have to go through that well talk to u soon