What should I do???? HELPPPP

Options
Ok so I've been so good the last 8\9
Days- no junk and I weighed myself this morning and I've gone down 5 pounds. At work today there was chocolates everywhere- got Loadsa pressies as well and ATE SOOOOOO MUCH. Feel so ill now. I mean I didn't eat a anything right today just chocolate. I probably had at least a box. ( I don't know what came over me! :()Did I just ruin my whole weight loss???? Will going to the gym make a difference?????

Ps I'm meeting my folks tomorrow after 3 months and do t want to look fat and bloated!;(

Replies

• ChiaGnome
    ChiaGnome Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Oh Jeez, you didn't ruin anything. Stop eating those work sweets now. Right now. And move forward. Mistakes happen. Just try to make them happen less :)
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    You broke the first rule of diet club.

On the plus side, you're not in diet club, so a day of eating chocolate doesn't ruin anything. Except maybe you ate all the chocolate, so now you don't have any more to eat tomorrow.

Make sure you have reasonable target calories, and think long term.
  • mirreybirrey101
    mirreybirrey101 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! Will do. All gone-in the bin!!!
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Did you gain all your weight in one day? No? Then you won't gain it all back in one day. Just get back to your regularly scheduled exercise and food regimen and move on. All will be well!
  • tinakowalik
    tinakowalik Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Awe...don't feel bad, you're allowed to treat yourself, I myself need chocolate everyday, I have a small treat everyday, I try to keep it at around 200 cals,using Jillian's rule of 80/20, the 20% being for treats. I saw a quote one day, "you won't mess up your diet by indulging just like eating a salad doesn't mean you're automatically healthy and lost weight", something like that.
  • tinakowalik
    tinakowalik Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Plus if you give yourself that treat everyday, you won't feel the need to eat a lot at your Christmas party for instance!
  • mirreybirrey101
    mirreybirrey101 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks so true! Love that quote!!! THANKS GUYS YOU ARE SOO NICE AND SUPPORTIVE!!!! :)
  • gloriaqzhao
    gloriaqzhao Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the above advice. The guilty feeling after indulgence is worse than the indulgence itself. No big deal, just get back to normal routine like it never happened.

With that said, you don't want this to happen every one during the holiday season, if some coworker is nice enough to bring treats everyday. I have terrible will power, so I always go to work with a full lunch bag, stuffed with high volume, low calorie food, such as cucumber/pepper/carrot and hummus, Greek yogurt, apple, something chewy and filling. This helps me in resisting the " sweet treat" temptations.
  • christinemadden0223
    Options
    Eat healthy the rest of the day- DO go to the gym to get your resolve back and forgive yourself- Finally, drink a lot of water! That should keep you from getting too bloated. Good luck!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    that's it ..games over, shut her down, board up the windows, throw away the key....

seriously one day is not going to ruin anything....just eat in a deficit tomorrow, and the next day, and so on..