Exercise = Not getting sick

Options
Every since I started exercising I haven't gotten sick. I could tell I had something and was giving it to people, but I never missed a beat with the exception of a few coughs.

This is the time of year I usually am 1/2 dead from sinus and weather change, and I'm in good shape!

My daughter is staying healthier than normal too!

I knew water and exercise flushed your organs, and that nutrition boosted your immunity, but I didn't know it would be like this!

Replies

• ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Cool! I have had a similar experience but with the added bonus that my allergies have largely disappeared!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Yup, its great isn't it?

In the past 4+ years that I’ve been working out intensely I've gotten 2 minor colds and got swine flu last year but even that only lasted 4 days total. I did have to break my 4 year streak of never calling in sick but the flu did wipe me out for at least a day and there were corporate requirements to stay home if you were infected, lol ;)
  • endurowoman
    endurowoman Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I got my first cold in 15 years, two months ago and it lasted 4 hours!!!! Pretty cool huh? Exercise makes a huge difference in our lives......besides it's a refrigerator deterrent. :happy:
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I find a never really get sick either. I got a soar throat and weak feeling last week, but not a full blown flu, like most people would have gotten. I always knew me never really getting sick, had alot to do with how healthy I am, and within this recent year, I have started taking my vitamins etc.
  • etrips
    etrips Posts: 22
    Options
    Funny that you should post this I had the opposite effect :P I get sick maybe once a year... I start working out hardcore 4 days in I get a cold >.> Ah ha, oh well push through move on, make up for those lazy sick days >.>