1) high carb/no-low fat snacks

and

2) low-no carb/with fat snacks

(both can have protein of course)

I'm starting to run out of ideas.

Replies

• version917
    Options
    The diet I'm currently on is the same I give my patients at work.

http://www.lillydiabetes.com/Documents/pdf/HI76933_Daily Meal Planning Guide_English.pdf

I follow this guideline not because I'm diabetic but because it makes sense. In there it will tell you certain foods that are good for snacking and how you can plan out your meals better.
  • jelineee
    jelineee Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i follow a low fat high carb diet and what i usually snack on are fruits! you should try making banana ice cream (which i call nicecream :D), it will change your life! just blend up a couple of frozen bananas and you'll a guilt free snack that is not only good but also nutritious.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,724 Member
    Options
    I like salty crunchy snacks.

High Carb
    http://www.ihearexercisewillkillyou.com/2010/06/split-pea-crisps.html
    http://www.chow.com/recipes/30368-spicy-oven-roasted-chickpeas
    http://www.marthastewart.com/315429/wonton-crisps

Low Carb
    Beef Jerky
    Grilled Seaweed from the Asian Grocer
    Raw vwg dippewd in hummous or tzaziki
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I don't snack...easy! :)
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options

By "snack" I am referring to two meals out of the 5 I eat per day. MFP calls them snack, so I do too. They are actually meals, but I ones I don't want to do much preparation or cooking for.
  • littlelily613
    Options
    Thanks for all of the ideas everyone! :)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options

By "snack" I am referring to two meals out of the 5 I eat per day. MFP calls them snack, so I do too. They are actually meals, but I ones I don't want to do much preparation or cooking for.

You don't need to eat 5 times a day. You can put as many meals as you like on to your log and call them what you like!
  • littlelily613
    Options

You don't need to eat 5 times a day. You can put as many meals as you like on to your log and call them what you like!

I never said you need to eat 5 times a day. I said that is what *I* eat. And what I want to call them is snack!
  • version917
    Options
    Im on the same boat with you. I am on a 1500 cal/day, max 65 carbs per meal, diet. Virtually no room for snacks.
  • Amandainyaface
    Options
    High carb: One word - Fruit! A good fruit salad or some cut up fruits or a handful of dried fruit. Bread with jam. Crispbreads with jam/meat spread.

Low carb: High protein yoghurt with nut butter and nuts. Nuts or seeds. Homemade crispbread. Crispbread with cheese or butter. Peanut (or any nut) butter straight out of the jar.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options

I never said you need to eat 5 times a day. I said that is what *I* eat. And what I want to call them is snack!

You also said you don't want to do so much cooking or prep. You could prep 3 meals to take up all your calories then eat leftovers (if there are any) for snacks.
  • leapsonbounds
    leapsonbounds Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Low carb - baby carrots & guacamole, roasted root veggies w a little bit of olive oil. Cottage cheese with honey, cinnamon & chopped walnuts. For a treat 1/4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese, sweetener of your choice and 1 tbl. chocolate chips. Yum.

High carb - fruit is my fave. Or 1/2 multigrain bagel or Ezekial bread with tablespoon of peanut butter.

I'm carb cycling too. Good luck!