Breaking your streak? How you Christmas logging?

Options
From the 24th - 28th MFP is no go area for me & I won't be watching what I eat. I'm happy-ish to put on a a little weight instead of subjecting friends & loved ones to me logging, asking asking questions about calorie content or just being a killjoy. I'll be back on track 28th trying lose it all.

What's your plans - log // logging but healthy // no logging & eating almost anything?

Replies

• hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Eat and drink what I want. But log it all. I've got a spreadsheet calculating all sorts of things (theoretical weight loss, etc) which rely on a full set of data. But I'm not going to let it get in the way of a superb and tasty Christmas!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    As above eat and drink but also log. I am going to my Mom's so I know what we are having and I can prelog most of it and fill in the rest later. I don't go crazy on holidays but I try to get most of my food logged.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    you can just "zero" out the day when you get up, maintain your streak, but not really "logging"... or just mentally log it and quick add that many later
  • MacMomma2013
    MacMomma2013 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I still plan on being sensible during Christmas. I will be on vacation in January and am saving my "don't count the carlories" for then.
  • lucilou123
    lucilou123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've not decided yet. I was thinking of just putting "quick added calories" for my calorie limit so I don't lose my streak, but eating what I want. But on the other hand I'm thinking I should try to log as a reminder of how much I'm able to eat and how I got to my starting weight in the first place. I'm the same as you though, I'm ok if I gain a little bit. I'll just work harder In The new year to shift it again!
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    My plan is to log the best I can (some of it may have to be on paper while traveling but I'll eventually get it on MFP because I need complete data for reports and tracking spreadsheets). I am going to do my darnedest to be as active as possible and stick to 3 meals + a snack.

My concessions--I am OK with being up to maintenance on average and I won't worry as much about getting my macro splits. No scale so I will be eyeballing things.
  • desolate_angel
    desolate_angel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat, drink and be merry, and try to keep track of what I ate so I can log. My family always does finger foods Christmas Eve. If I think I ate 30 chips, I'll round to 40. We have pigs in a blanket every year, so I'll try to keep tabs on how many of those I put away. I entered my chocolate chip cookie recipe on here, so I'll just have to remember how many of those I ate. I figure even if I end up with a ballpark number, it's better than no number at all.
  • Krista916
    Options
    I'm logging through the holidays as if it's any other day. I'm also going to continue working out as if it's any other day. If I go over on a particular day then so be it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining for 7 months and don't log anymore at all...so business as usual for me...no logging.
  • fedupfatty86
    fedupfatty86 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat and drink whatever I want but I'm still going to log it
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'm going to loosen things up a bit for XMAS eve and XMAS day but will still log things. Going to try to enjoy a few treats I normally abstain from but will strive to limit portions of the really unhealthy but tasty foods.
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Don't you guys know...on your birthday and on major holidays everything is ZERO CALORIES!!! :laugh:

Seriously though, I'm probably not going to log at all on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. A rare break from logging (where I don't have to count, measure, and calculate every single thing I put in my mouth) is healthy for me, I think. So I'm just going to eat whatever I want and however much of it I want (which isn't too much nowadays because I've noticed that my stomach can't handle a lot of sweets anymore; it gets sick now lol!).

I'm definitely working out on those days though! Nothing's stopping me there! :bigsmile:
  • SlinkyAndHerAmazingBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Pretty much the same as yourself. It's only one day. I won't die..
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'll be logging, mostly out of curiosity...I'm not too concerned how much I go over.
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Don't you guys know...on your birthday and on major holidays everything is ZERO CALORIES!!! :laugh:

LOVE THIS.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I probably wont log, mostly because I will have a house full and like you, don't want to have to keep explaining it to people. Also, after spending 2 days in hospital this week, I somehow managed to lose 4lbs so I will be working on getting that back ;)
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm going to keep to my lifestyle changes and within range of my calorie goals, and I plan to exercise a bit extra to help too, and I plan to log it all. I'm not a 'killjoy' because I'm caring about what I choose to eat and track - I don't foist it off on anyone or make a big deal of it. I jot it all down with approximations (or actual measurements if I'm home) and then I add it in when it's convenient to me. I'm as accurate as possible, and I log everything that goes in my mouth - and it's not a burden. Even if I go way over on Xmas day because of things (i.e. chocolate, pizzelles, etc), I'm going to log it so I know.

I enjoy logging, and while there may come a day where I feel I no longer need to or want to, right now, I can't imagine that. It's simple, easy, helps keep me aware and on track, and I anticipate doing so even for maintenance, but that is a long ways down the road for me.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Christmas day is my "cheat" day. I will be logging all the way through but no exercise on Christmas Day and meh on the whole being withing calorie. Ultimately it comes down to I will enjoy my damn holidays and pick it up again later. :)
  • Andibenni
    Andibenni Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm a creature of habit so I know what I'm having for breakfast and will pre-log my Christmas lunch.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I AM GOING TO EAT IT ALL
    AND DRINK IT ALL!
    AND I AM STILL GOING TO WORK OUT.