Any Moms or Dads Still Trying to Lose the Baby Weight?

Options
Hi!

I have a 9 month old son and I'm still stuck in maternity clothes. Grrr.... I never thought it would be this hard to lose the (significant) weight I put on while pregnant.

I love to motivate people, and I am also looking for buddies that can give me the "kick-in-the-maternity-pants" when junk food is calling and sitting on the couch seems so much better than working out.

Thanks! :happy:

Replies

• new_me4good
    new_me4good Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I definitely need that extra boost myself, and I will be there to give you positive motivation as well. My daughter is 3 and I am still trying to lose the weight I gained with her. Let's do this together! Feel free to add me.
  • susanna37
    susanna37 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HA, HA!!!! YES!!!! That is me right now! I have lost a few pounds and gained them and lost and so on and now I really want to get serious about losing. My youngest is 15 months and I am STILL in maternity and my big size clothes. My pre preggo clothes are all put away and I hope to get them back out before the thick of next summer!
  • twinsmom1117
    twinsmom1117 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I have 4 year old twins...gained a ton of weight while pregnant but lost most of it fairly quickly. I gained 30lbs back over the last year and am struggling to lose it. I just started last week! :-)
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I didn't have twins but I gained weight like I thought I did. I did lose it but have gained lots back this year.
  • laniesloves
    laniesloves Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    YES! My daughter is 14 months old. It's time to lose the weight but most importantly I want to set a good example for her early in life. I want her to see her mom and dad taking care of themselves and putting nutritious food into our bodies. I'm hopeful that I can do this for her!
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :) My youngest is 11 months. I've lost the baby weight but I'm working on the post marriage weight, haha. I have about 15 to 20 pounds to my goal weight.
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Yes, my kids are 11 and 13 and I'm still trying to lose the baby weight. I recently started to do what's called an "Intermittent Fasting". So far so good, I dropped 8 lbs in 2 weeks and 2 days (with the help of MFP of course). Let me know if your interested in getting more details on how I'm doing this. I'll be glad to help.
  • tazsue86
    tazsue86 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My oldest is 6 and im STILL trying to loose the last 10kgs (22lbs) from the 33lbs i gained with her (plus the extra 22lbs i gained with my 2nd and 3rd!) So your welcome to add me all the motivation i can get would be great!!
  • thisisforme43
    thisisforme43 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My youngest is four I lost the baby weight from I gained form her but I'm still trying to lose the 20 lbs from the first two and they're fourteen and seventeen. I just signed up but you can add me if you like.
  • Erinashman70
    Options
    Hello Everyone Just signed up and saw the post

Im actually heavyer then i was when I was pregnant full term with twins - (I have lost 6.4kg) but still 15kg to go.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I have a nearly three-year-old, after whom I dropped 82 lbs, but then I gained most of it back with baby #2, who's almost 7 months old. Breastfeeding has killed me (for some women it makes you hold on to weight), so while I'm not wearing maternity clothes (except for those awesome yoga pants), I still don't fit into my old clothes, either. Last time I was able to lose quickly postpartum (no breastfeeding), so I don't have an interim wardrobe.

Join us at the Post-Partum Pack: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/656-post-partum-pack
  • AndyRogan
    AndyRogan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 year old (in profile pic)
    I made a decision about 5 months ago that I needed to be fit enough to run around after her when she's older.
    It has spurred me onto losing 22lb so far
  • putaskipinmystep
    Options
    I am! My son is just 3 1/2 months old, but I feel like if I don't make a change I'll be in maternity pants forever! I need to lose at least 40lbs, about 20 left from the pregnancy and 20 more just from life! I'm pretty new to MFP and looking for some supportive friends for the journey! Feel free to add me!