petite female losing 1 pound a week, anyone?

Options
what are your calorie intakes and activities for the day.

Replies

• gloriaqzhao
    gloriaqzhao Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    1200 to 1500 per day calorie intake, 30-90 minutes workout. I do cardio and strength interval training in the morning with empty stomach to start the day, which is supposed to boost up metabolism and burn more fat.

Loosing 1 lb per day is easy at the beginning. But when you approach the last 5 lb before reaching the goal, it gets really hard.
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    I can't even lose 1 pound a month!
    But that's because:
    - I love my food! I eat about 1500-2000 calories a day.
    - I'm focusing on reducing fat/inches and not the number on the scale. I lift heavy about 2-3x a week and HIIT 1-2x a week.

My clothes are fitting better and better. I may go down 1 size in my pants (after Holiday sales).

Go lift something!

Amanda
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 3 and have been maintaining for about the past year so I am not currently trying to lose but when I was losing, I lost a total of 22lbs over the course of approx 5months so just under 4.5lbs loss a month if you average it out.

I achieved that by eating around 1200 a day for the first 5-6weeks whilst introducing some non-intensive exercise (swimming once a week for an hour and 25min home workout dvds a couple of times a week & an hour long walk each Sunday). Non of this exercise was really very intense and I didn't feel the need to eat more at that time but 6 weeks in I started a lifting programme and started boxing on top of the less intensive exercise I had already been doing and I upped my calories by eating back my exercise cals so I could be eating anything up to 1800-2000 a day depending on that days activity level. On non active days I would still stick to around the 1200 mark but as I got closer to my goal weight I relaxed this and upped my calorie goal to 1400 for non active days and still lost the last few lbs, just at a slower rate.
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    very nice of you guys sharing your calorie intakes.

lets do this!
  • Cirsium
    Cirsium Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and have just started dieting. I've been dieting 3 1/2 weeks and i've lost 3lbs so far. hurrah!!

(i'm on 1200 cals)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    In your profile, you say that you're 5 feet tall and want to have a normal BMI. According to the US NIH http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/obesity/bmi_tbl.pdf that's 97 to 127 pounds.

The less you have to lose, the slower the weight will come off. I'm 5'1 or 2, with a BMI of 24.6 (the high end of the normal range). It took me a year to lose 20 lbs. I walk 8,000 steps per day and do yoga once a week. I eat 1,380 calories & do not eat back my exercise calories.

YMMV, of course, depending on your starting weight and activity level. I tried for a lifestyle change vs. a quick fix, with the hope that a slow & steady loss will help me keep the weight off.
  • wdwmindy
    Options
    I'm 5'1".

I average 1,500 calories a day intake. I burn, on average, 2,000 calories a day.

MFP set my goal to 1,200 calories a day plus exercise. My exercise is walking. 45+ minutes active walking per day, 10,000+ steps, 5+ miles (I have a Fitbit to keep track). I try to do this 7 days a week, but some weeks it's only 6 days.

I am losing about a pound a week. Down 21.6 pounds since the end of August. 16 weeks exactly, which is 1.35 pounds a week.

(Wanted to add that I started at 160 and my goal is set at 115, but I am happy just to get to a normal BMI and not be considered overweight. The CDC says normal weight for 5'1" is 98-132.)
  • ajpena1
    Options
    You are suppose to eat something small within the first hour of waking up to start up your metabolism.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    in to read what people say. Still playing around with my numbers
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    You are suppose to eat something small within the first hour of waking up to start up your metabolism.

:noway:

Sorry but that's broscience. Your body doesn't care about meal timing/frequency. It does nothing to your metabolism to eat within 1 hr of waking up....

Ton answer OP's question..

5'2 here, eating 1800 cals a day and lifting 5x a week (cutting presently)
    Seems like I have been dropping about 1lb a week for the past 2 weeks, give or take.
    That might change though since I am just out of a bulk, I guess we'll see
  • kit_liu
    kit_liu Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    5 ft here, eating 1200-1400 calories each day.

Cardio 3x each week, varying between 30min-45mins following youtube workouts.

Started following mfp just over 7 weeks ago and lost approx 6kg (>13lbs).

Changed what I eat quite a lot, more protein, less carbs and fat. And cut down on the junk.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    5'2" here, my goal is set at 1,540 calories a day, I do 60 minutes of kempo karate twice a week (sometimes 3x a week) that's factored into my activity level on MFP so I don't log it. On top of that I do a little bit of walking, some jump rope, and play DDR (all with a heart rate monitor so I'm logging accurately), and I think I'm getting a fitbit for Christmas so I'll probably be doing more walking for that soon :)