What's for dinner tonight?

Options

Replies

• twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Maybe a bowl of oatmeal if I'm hungry. I had a brunch event at 10am and after my run I'll be eating a large lunch-steak with green peppers and mushrooms, large sweet potato and then a salad. I also have leftover cinnamon rolls from the brunch so I'll probably have one of those at some point today as well :)
  • Lynn_babcock
    Lynn_babcock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have a family to make dinner for so we're having shrimp stir fry over brown rice. Lots of broccoli, some carrots, slice garlic cloves, onions, I think I have a bell pepper. Seasoning are ginger, chinese 5-spice, and soy sauce. I think I'll actually measure everything as I'm putting it in and get a baseline for my stir frys.
  • Levesque_7
    Options
    turkey burger and a salad for me!
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    A swai fillet, quinoa and broccoli :D
  • Izanami66
    Izanami66 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Tonight, chicken spaghetti- whole wheat pasta topped with chicken breast in a homemade (from crushed tomatoes) sauce, and salad on the side. Last night was baked trout with salt, pepper, and garlic, with steamed mixed veggies and roasted cubed sweet potatoes. Mmmm, was it good! I love making cubed sweet potatoes with middle eastern seasonings (I use salt, pepper, a bit of garlic powder and equal parts cinnamon, cumin, coriander, and cardamom.) and a bit of olive oil. They are sweet, savory, and sooooo delicious!!! I would highly suggest them if you're into sweet potatoes. Lovin' all the other ideas, too! :flowerforyou:
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    baked chicken thighs with cheddar broccoli rice
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Bowl of oatmeal, whey protein, pop tarts, and ice cream.
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Baked tilapia with garlic/cheese zucchini halves.
  • PatiencePerceptionandPeace
    Options
    Extra Lean Turkey burgers with diced spiced veggies embedded in the meat, cooked in beer, covered with extra sharp cheddar cheese on a everything bagel thin. Side dish is a sweet potato diced, baked for 40 at 400F. Amazing meal...amazing. Oh, and I put spinach on the burger as well
  • nicnz
    nicnz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Nothing organised @ home - so will be takeaways tonight after gym... i think lamb and salad in pita bread.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'm making turkey burgers and baked french fries. So yummy
  • Shannonthompson73
    Shannonthompson73 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Something with spinach- egg white, ham, peppers, cheese, and spinach omlete maybe, or spinach salad with craisins, sunflower seeds, cheese, olives, and spinach, Could end up being flatbread with feta and spinach.

I got a package of spinach at Sam's this week and the stupid thing is bottomless. I am afraid it is never going to get used up.
  • liftreadphilosophize
    Options
    Slow cooker French Dip sandwiches. I can't wait!
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    ummmmm, leaning towards brown rice and brussel sprouts, or scrambled eggs or spaghetti
  • jlar09
    jlar09 Posts: 99
    Options
    Garden vegetable soup with grilled chicken to the side. The soup is actually a Weight Watchers recipe and I think it is 61 calories/cup. I was skeptical of the great reviews at first, but then I made it and it was phenomenal.
  • togmo
    togmo Posts: 257
    Options
    I think most of us get stuck making the same meals over and over again. For me I can't go past a big beef, chicken or pork casserole. I also like to make the occasional stir fry, risotto, pasta or a thai yellow or green curry. Every now and again though it is nice to mix it up and pick up a random cook book and decide that page 82 will have my dinner on it tonight...
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Tonight's a (frozen/packaged) chicken breast stuffed with Swiss cheese and mushrooms, steamed broccoli, and a big spinach salad with artichoke hearts, tomatoes, and Greek yogurt ranch dressing. I'm getting kind of lazy as the holiday approaches!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I've had so many heavy meals the last few days that I'm just having a bagel and a coffee when I get home.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    sadly, candycane egg nog and rum LOTS, hubs is stuck in a farmers drive, BAD WEATHER HERE,
  • Queen732
    Options
    Homemade Chicken Soup... chicken breast, carrots, celery, potato, cabbage, onion, green peas, ginger, water & sea salt for taste. Yummy!!! No rice or noodles.