How much water do you drink??

Options
I was just wondering how much water everyone drinks on a daily basis. I try to get in 60-80oz/day. I know that 8 cups is what is suggested but some people may drink more or less.

Replies

• nickiejohnson
    Options
    I try to drink 3 Aquafina 1 liter bottles a day! So thats 96 oz! That's on a good day! :P Water fills me up and saves me from bored snacking!! :)
  • patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My biggest thing is to drink water when I feel thirsty. I don't want to FORCE myself to drink a certain amount but I shoot for around 60-70oz each day.
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    If I am doing good I drink about 8 liters a day. I keep a water bottle w/straw filled at all times when I am at my desk. ...I should probably buy stock in Crystal Light!:tongue:
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I was told to drink half my body weight in water so i shoot for around 100oz a day around 12-13 glasses.
  • fullagrace
    Options
    lol @ buying stock
  • tracybarnhill
    Options
    I normally drink about 24-32oz a day, now that I found a Crystal Light that I love, (Green Tea Peach and Mango) I will be drinking more water, because I am only adding 5 calories to my 32oz. I get my taste and my body gets it water...
  • kate205gti
    kate205gti Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    about 6 pints if im at work - not sure how many "cups" that counts as though :s
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    96+oz per day. I find when I slow down in my water consumption my weight loss also slows down.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Since i started on here, i stopped drinking soft drinks(almost). As a result, i now drink a lot of water, 8-12 cups per day on average, 64-96 oz per day. I read somewhere that a rule of thumb is half your body weight/day, in oz., so i would be about 94 oz. if i did that.:drinker:
  • slofitness1978
    slofitness1978 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I normally drink about 3ltrs a day but thats only because I don't drink any hot drinks or pop :)
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I drink about 64 ounces of water, sometimes up to 80 each day. I also drink 1 (or 2) 8 oz green teas a day and usually a glass of milk or juice (or both) that I don't count in the total. If I am supposed to drink half my weight, that would be 85 ounces, so I am close.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I drink whenever I'm thirsty really. Not sure I even keep a count.
  • mybutterflower
    mybutterflower Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I try to drink a minimum of 8 cups a day, but average about 10.
  • Kaye8395BTS
    Kaye8395BTS Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    If I am doing good I drink about 8 liters a day. I keep a water bottle w/straw filled at all times when I am at my desk. ...I should probably buy stock in Crystal Light!:tongue:

@ ArchyJill
    did you really mean to type 8 liters? That could be dangerous. One SHOULD drink half their body weight in ounces of water per day. If 8 liters is what you are consuming that would put you at 528 lbs? Just curious, I want you to be safe :o)

I too keep a bottle with a straw, its a 24 oz bottle and I usually try to make it to 100 ounces, now that I am lower in weight it is actually hard to adjust to less water!
  • tigerrohr1969
    Options
    I drink 4-23.7 oz a day..sometimes more....I use crystalized "true lemon" in my water...0000 everything....

hope this helps you:happy:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Half your body weight in oz? Half my body weight is 69 which is = 1104oz which is = to 138 glasses. That ain’t right, lol!

I drink 10-15 depending on the day, I drink on the high side if I have something like a Subway footlong for dinner – high in sodium.
  • dk82
    dk82 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Half your weight- so if half your weight is 69- you would drink 69 oz. Not half your weight in lbs turned into oz.
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    Half your body weight in oz? Half my body weight is 69 which is = 1104oz which is = to 138 glasses. That ain’t right, lol!

I drink 10-15 depending on the day, I drink on the high side if I have something like a Subway footlong for dinner – high in sodium.

lol pretty sure they are saying that if half your body weight is 69pounds, you should drink 69 oz of water. :-)
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @ ArchyJill
    did you really mean to type 8 liters? That could be dangerous. One SHOULD drink half their body weight in ounces of water per day. If 8 liters is what you are consuming that would put you at 528 lbs? Just curious, I want you to be safe :o)

No, I really do drink about 8 liters. But you have to remember that I am adding Crystal Light in which replaces some salt and whatnot and I eat throughout the day too. The only real danger in drinking too much is not replacing electrolytes and the only way you can do that is to do straight water and no food. I know this cause my hubby managed to do that when he had a toothache and I had to drive him to the ER and stay up half the night while they pumped him full of solution.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    80-100 ounces a day.