skinny fat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
hi I have a question. so I have lost about 6 lbs since joining this site, and I am skinny everywhere! not that I had much to lose in the first place, but anyways... the only place I basically have fat left is my tummy. I have heard it's the last to go. Is that true? will it start disappearing now that most of the fat is gone off my body? helpppp!!!

Replies

• catrinpersephone
    Options
    Same problem with me! I'm hoping that it'll fall off with my next 5 lbs to lose :) x
  • CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say, everyone is different. The only thing I do know for sure is you cannot spot tone, and cardio burns fat.
  • Pandemonium
    Options
    It makes a lot of sense to me. Since the stomach has more fat to loose, it will take longer for it to be smaller, because when you loose weight, you burn fat from everywhere at the same time. (Hence you can't just spot tone.)

Now that you are smaller in a lot of places like legs, arms, neck, face etc..... your mid-section will soon follow.

Just keep doing the cardio and strength training. It will help. Just don't feel discouraged.
  • hunterzmomma
    Options
    Same problem with me! I'm hoping that it'll fall off with my next 5 lbs to lose :) x

me too or else I will be really discouraged....
  • CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My understanding of "spot toning" has nothing to do with cardio.
    Spot toning is the act of doing say, 100 situps every day to flatten your belly.
    Sure, the situps will strengthen the muscles, but it won't burn the fat.
    Therefore, it's essential to do cardio AND weight/resistence training.
  • hunterzmomma
    Options
    It makes a lot of sense to me. Since the stomach has more fat to loose, it will take longer for it to be smaller, because when you loose weight, you burn fat from everywhere at the same time. (Hence you can't just spot tone.)

Now that you are smaller in a lot of places like legs, arms, neck, face etc..... your mid-section will soon follow.

Just keep doing the cardio and strength training. It will help. Just don't feel discouraged.

makes sense...thanks!