baby belly...

Options
when I was pregnant with my son, 4 years ago (the little guy in the picture <---), I got HORRIBLE stretch marks from him. from panty line to just above my belly button. Will this skin be somewhat smooth when i loose weight, or will it always hang? it's disgusting, it looks like Freddy Crougers face. OK well not THAT bad, but still...lol

Replies

• shannonkk
    shannonkk Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    from my experience, i have had four, it usually goes back to normal if you had vaginal birth, I had the first two that way and it went back when I lost the weight, but after the two c-sections I don't think it ever will be smooth.
  • nomoremuffintopness
    Options
    I just had my 1st baby via c-section and I got stretch marks too but theyre fading fast... but the more I lose the more my belly sags. Wondering how itll look when Im down to where I want to be?
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I had two babies in two years and mine is fairly yucky as well. I've been going to the gym for about a month now and I've lost 5.5 pounds! I'm definitely noticing a difference in my belly but I'm not sure if it's just because my abs are a lot stronger and tighter, or if it's from some fat loss.

As you burn fat some of the flab will definitely go away but the stretch marks themselves may always be there. I've heard that losing weight can help make stretch marks less noticeable but it can sometimes be hard for skin to tighten up, especially if there are lots of stretch marks. I would try using a lotion or facial moisturizer with ingredients that help natural collagen production. I like ones with natural ingredients vs. chemicals, mostly because the natural ones don't test on animals. One that I'm going to be trying soon is the Yes To Blueberries anti-aging line. You can check it out at yestocarrots.com.
  • lizzieann2010
    Options
    yep. i've had 2 vaginal births. I didn't get any new stretch marks with my daughter (she is 10mo). i told hubby that once I am down to my goal weight -some, my reward will be a tummy tuck to get rid of all the stretch marks.
  • msbutterflyjess
    Options
    i had my daughter april 2005 by c-section. i gained A LOT of weight and got so many stretch marks. mine are well up above my waist. and i have the ugly belly flap that hangs over at the bottom of my stomach. i hate it, and feel very self-conscious of it in the bedroom....i think if it were gone, i would feel so much better about my body. i do see it getting smaller, i think due to fat loss and ab strength getting stronger. ive heard your skin will regenerate itself every seven years, so im hoping that if i keep up the healthy lifestyle forever, maybe there is hope that my skin will not have to make as much of it and tighten itself up over time? :happy: