skinny jeans

Options
Hey!

I've never really tried anything like this but am desperate to lose the weight I put on (about 15 pounds) while studying in Scotland (fried fish and potatoes in every form imaginable were not friendly to my hips...) I'm really struggling because I'm not going to be able to work out til September and it's tough for me to restrict those extra 200-ish calories a day the elliptical machine usually takes care of!

I've lost about 5 pounds since I've gotten back and am working to get the last 10 or so off to fit into my old jeans. The biggest temptations for me are alcohol (I LOVE wine) and the mid-afternoon "I'm bored and hungry" snacks.

Replies

• deneuve39
    deneuve39 Posts: 27
    Options
    Hey!

I've never really tried anything like this but am desperate to lose the weight I put on (about 15 pounds) while studying in Scotland (fried fish and potatoes in every form imaginable were not friendly to my hips...) I'm really struggling because I'm not going to be able to work out til September and it's tough for me to restrict those extra 200-ish calories a day the elliptical machine usually takes care of!

I've lost about 5 pounds since I've gotten back and am working to get the last 10 or so off to fit into my old jeans. The biggest temptations for me are alcohol (I LOVE wine) and the mid-afternoon "I'm bored and hungry" snacks.
  • DeannaK
    DeannaK Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    i totally hear you with the afternoon snacking! i've found that eating smaller meals helps, so then I have the calories to use for snacking. yogurt is filling, V8 juice is filling, lite string cheese (trader joe's is 60 calories), and of course water helps fill the holes.
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Boy I hear ya! I have the last 10 lbs to loose and wine is my WORST enemy! I rarely go over my calories even when I do have wine and it still stalls my weight loss. I guess I just have to suck it up for a bit until those last 10 are gone. Good luck to ya!

:flowerforyou:
  • skinnyjweb
    skinnyjweb Posts: 23
    Options
    I am doing almonds and an apple for an afternoon snack--covers both sweet and salty and crunchy too! seems to really hold me to dinner--and even keeps me from doing too much at dinner:glasses: javascript:add_smiley('glasses','post_body')
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I agree small meals are the best. Great afternoon snack is smart pop kettle corn the whole bag is like 130 calories cant beat that and its sweet and salty too:wink:

Alisha
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    Hi - me too, wine and hard cider (yummy) are like just applying two pounds of bloat to my body for a few days.

I'm a light drinker but I like the occasional glass of wine with a meal or a cider during a movie on the weekend. But then even though I don't drink enough to get a buzz or get a hangover I don't feel quite right the next day. I've just vowed that I'm not taking another alcoholic drink until I am at the weight I want to be at. Fortunately my lifestyle makes that fairly easy, but when I go out with other graduate students after reaching a big hurdle it sounds temping. Maybe you designate just one day a week to have a drink or two drinks sort of like desert day.

Good luck!
  • luscious
    luscious Posts: 18
    Options
    hey!!!congrats on your loss