Diet pop cake?

Options
Ok so I mixed a can of diet pepsi with a chocolate cake mix. I am very excited about this one!! I have the calories figured, but how much is a serving? Not in grams either...like how big of a piece can I have in an 8x8 pan? Thanks!!:embarassed:

Replies

• caseynjason
    caseynjason Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Ok so I mixed a can of diet pepsi with a chocolate cake mix. I am very excited about this one!! I have the calories figured, but how much is a serving? Not in grams either...like how big of a piece can I have in an 8x8 pan? Thanks!!:embarassed:
  • sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    ive seen this cake... you can also do yellow cake with diet sprite or 7 up.. you know something clear not dark... i would think that you could do.. as many servings.. as on the box.. .. tell me how it tastes..i havent made it yet... but i love the fat free brownies.. you make it with a container of vanilla fat free yogurt.....
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    i would think that you could do.. as many servings.. as on the box...

Yeah - I think this is right, and then you just add the calories from the diet coke (divided by the # of servings on the box) (since each piece should have an equal amt of the pop mixed in it.)
  • caseynjason
    caseynjason Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Ohh, good idea on the brownies!!
  • sftbutterflykiss
    Options
    Diet coke shouldnt have any calories in it... zero on everything .. except sodium
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    on the cake box, there should be cals for the mix and then cals for the cake prepared as they suggest it, you just want to use the cals for the mix. it should be around 180 cals/serving. the serving size should also be right on the box. i think when i made it, a serving was 1 / 12 of the cake, so i made sure i cut the cake into 12 equal pieces before i took it to the cookout so i knew exactly what my serving size would be, hope that all makes sense:wink:
  • sftbutterflykiss
    Options
    on the cake box, there should be cals for the mix and then cals for the cake prepared as they suggest it, you just want to use the cals for the mix. it should be around 180 cals/serving. the serving size should also be right on the box. i think when i made it, a serving was 1 / 12 of the cake, so i made sure i cut the cake into 12 equal pieces before i took it to the cookout so i knew exactly what my serving size would be, hope that all makes sense:wink:

sure does make sense!!!