At what TDEE are you maintaining?

Options
13»

Replies

• KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I was maintaining 145lbs (5'6") at 3000 cals per day. I have an active job, active hobbies and I work out. I am losing .5 a pound to a pound a week on 2500 to 2750 calories.
  • AbidKhanFFI
    Options
    Please help me out here guys, too long to post here so check out my thread.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1150037-am-i-consuming-right-amount-of-calories
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    5'5.5", 37, 128-130 lbs. TDEE according to Bodymedia for the last two weeks is about 2150, which is almost exactly what I consumed. I actually eat under during the week (1800-1900) and a little over on the weekends.

I actually think I've been gaining very slightly over the last few months, but I started a heavy lifting program for my legs and while my measurements are slightly larger (like 0.25"), my legs/butt look better so... And while I'm good at weighing food 90% of the time, those weekend evenings are mostly estimated, so I could easily be consuming a little more.
  • star5785
    star5785 Posts: 140
    Options
    Mine is 1900 - but that's the daily average with exercise included. I log exercise as 1 calorie.

I'm 33, 5'3, 119 as of this morning!
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", 39, weigh about 117 and maintain at around 2300. That includes 4 days of lifting and little cardio.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I maintain at roughly 2500 calories/day. I arrived at this figure from my actual food diaries, after several month of meticulous logging, using Sarauk2sf's thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    About 2600? About 18 months of logging to arrive at this conclusion. And to think I was eating 1000 when I joined MFP. :laugh:
  • koos22
    koos22 Posts: 22
    Options
    I just tried a TDEE calculator, it says I'm 1985. 5'4", 131 lbs, and around 20% BF last time I checked (6 weeks ago).
    I'm currently doing 1450 + exercise, and seem to be losing a pound a week still.... I'm increasing my calories by 50 every week in hopes of slowing down. I want to lose fat, not muscle. Obviously.
    I just wish I knew what macro ratio works for me. I've been doing low carb and still have ****ing tiny love handles hanging on.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I just tried a TDEE calculator, it says I'm 1985. 5'4", 131 lbs, and around 20% BF last time I checked (6 weeks ago).
    I'm currently doing 1450 + exercise, and seem to be losing a pound a week still.... I'm increasing my calories by 50 every week in hopes of slowing down. I want to lose fat, not muscle. Obviously.
    I just wish I knew what macro ratio works for me. I've been doing low carb and still have ****ing tiny love handles hanging on.

Keep your protein up and lift heavy if you aren't already. Then have faith because it's a long, slow process. :)
  • koos22
    koos22 Posts: 22
    Options
    Thanks @darrensurrey. I try to do low carb (under 100, usually under 80) and 1.25 g of protein per lb of body weight. Also just got off of the "bizzy diet" workout program, so I'm going back to lifting 3 days/week and cardio 4 days/week.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    5'2, 128 lbs, Fitbit says my daily calorie burned average is 2200 which seems about right. Sep/Oct I hit a plateau and looking back I was eating right around that amount. November I started paying closer attention again and have been averaging 1900 cal/day intake and am back to losing about 0.5 lb/week so I think things are working as expected! MFP thinks my maintenance is 1760 at Lightly Active so I think I need to bump myself up to Active and see if that more closely matches the FitBit numbers.
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options

So what is your TDEE? How much to you weigh? How tall are you? Your age? What number is MFP setting for you to maintain? What is your level ox exercise?

Thanks!

My TDEE is around 1660 (worked it out from two main calculations (scoobyworkshop and helloitsdan in place of a road map) as well as just monitoring my intake when I was loosing and now. I weight 112, 5ft3 and MFP had me at about 1680 with an input of 3 workouts a week. I find if i eat anywhere between 1600-1700 I maintain, that being said i have gone over 1700 at weekends but my body seems to balance out naturally with what I eat during the week - some days i make 1600, some not. Have been maintaining since may.
    For exercise I always try and get a minimum of 3 workouts a week - some weeks I end up doing more, generally being kickboxing and 2 strength sessions (my own home one -hoping to start a program when college is all done) I like to mix some resistance training with HIIT to get a good intensive workout in. That is basically it, strength training definitely helps with upping TDEE - for me my focus is now on hitting macros and staying within macros as best I can. :)
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure it out exactly, but I seem to maintain on about 2400 + eating back exercise calories which is anywhere from an additional 300 - 1200 calories daily at this point.

Edited to add: 32 y/o female, 140lbs
  • Go to healthsidekick and start logging your food. It will give you an exact equation based on what you are eating and the exercise you are doing. It takes a few weeks but the good thing is you wont have to ask this question ever again and it dynamically updates so as you change it will constantly update it for you
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" , 54, 150lbs, and I maintain at 1450 plus exercise (measured with fitbit).

I log everything, but I'm not as meticulous about weighing and measuring as I used to, so that gives me 250 calories slack for inaccuracy.