Just Can't Figure it Out!!!!

Options
I have been doing this for almost two years now and I am very happy with my 73 pound weight loss. I am 7 pounds from my goal weight and I have been this way for about 2 months now.

I am having trouble wrapping my head around the fact that each week I burn over 4000 calories doing cardio (Jazzercise) and weights but I still do not lose any weight!!!! According to MFP I need to eat at least 1200 calories a day to lose 1 - 2 pounds per week. I burn about 500-600 calories a day when I workout so I eat between 1200-1400 calories a day. I have tried to eat more of my exercise calories and that just leads to weight gain. I eat clean and log every single thing that goes in my body. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

:sad:

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Since you are so close to your goal weight, set your goal to 0.5 pounds per week, not 1-2 pounds. A calorie deficit is all that is needed to lose weight, so there is a miscalculation somewhere. Do you weigh everything? Would you be willing to open your diary?
  • Kimpop42
    Kimpop42 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Okay. I will give that a try. Yes I weigh everything. How do I open my diary???
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Since you are so close to your goal weight, set your goal to 0.5 pounds per week, not 1-2 pounds. A calorie deficit is all that is needed to lose weight, so there is a miscalculation somewhere. Do you weigh everything? Would you be willing to open your diary?
    Try this. yes. When you've very close to goal you have to take it slower.