Ladies...under garment's

Options
Ladies, we've all been there and I need your advice!

I have a wedding to go to on Friday.... THE WEDDING that kicked off my weight loss start back in January. I have literally counted the last 45 weeks down until this FRIDAY! So I have 2 dresses to pick from, I won't decide which one to wear until that morning, but I can guarantee I am going to need some sort of under garment to keep everything "in" --- if you know what I mean :o)

Any suggestions of brands? i.e. Spanx or something else and any advice on styles? skirt undergarment vs almost like a bike short version? I haven't worn anything like this before.... help please! :o)

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    If you are only going to wear it once or twice I would go with the brand they have at target, called Assets, they run some where around $12 compared to Spanx at $35+. It is by the creator of Spanx but just not has durable. I like the shorts with the high waist. The shorts keep the legs from sticking together while dancing.
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I like the Target brand too. I've only used the shorts-kind.
  • cmw9696
    cmw9696 Posts: 123
    Options
    the shorts style for sure, less chance of the skirt riding up! That way, you are not pulling and tugging at it the whole time...un-attractive...
  • sarahleelee
    sarahleelee Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I've found that the best ones that stay in place and don't give you "fat bulge lines" are the ones that look like a dress: http://www.spanx.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4012668&cp=2992553.3010025&parentPage=family

They work fabulously under any dress!
  • takethepieces
    Options
    I have a pair of spanx that are just high waisted. They stop just below my bra and don't have any legs bits. I find that these are good and don't push the fat out elsewhere like other garments I've tried. Also, I bought them before I started losing weight. I'm 65lbs and 4 dress sizes down and they're still doing their job, so I think they'd last you! Hope this helps xox
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    I'm a HUGE fan of the torsette:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sweet-Nothings-Firm-Shaping-Torsette/12400428?sourceid=1500000000000003260430&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=12400428

Boning, you can wear your own bra so it doesn't flatten you out, and I usually leave the straps at the longest setting so I can pull it down over my lower abdomen. It stays in place when I tuck it into my panties or pantyhose.

GOOD LUCK!

Charmagne