WHY DO YOU WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT FOR YOURSELF OR OTHERS

Options
LIKE FOR YOU MAN OR WHAT SO MANY PEOPLE SAYS LIKE THEY WANT TO BE LIKE OTHERS OR FOR THEIR MAN SOME PEOPLE DONT DONT DO IT FOR THEMSELVES I MEAN OTHERS SHOULD LIKE U FOR WHO U ARE WAT DO YOU THINK

Replies

• honestly I do It for myself but also when my husband married me he did not marry a fat *kitten* and thats what I became after I had my kids so I think I should be healthy 4 him. I hope he stays healthy also cause I want him to be In our life as long as he can :0)
  • Gershwyn
    Options
    Hi hepy! Just so you know, a lot of people interpret all-caps as yelling. Also, punctuation can help indicate where your sentences end. :)
  • SharonsJetSet
    Options
    I'm most definitely doing this for myself. I feel better when I'm healthier. I don't like who I see when I look in the mirror when i'm over weight. I love being able to run up the stairs and not feel winded when I get to the top.

I cannot WAIT to buy a smaller size - for me that's the most exciting part of losing weight. I love the compliments but like you said, people should love me for who I am, not what I look like.

So I'm surely doing this for me (and maybe a little for my horse too) :laugh:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    For me. I feel SO much better now.

Now that I have grandchildren, though, I want to be around to enjoy them for a LONG time!

My friends like ME and always have.
  • lauramorris85
    Options
    I'm doing it for me and b/c my parents tell me I'm gettin fat. My boyfriend says I look fine and that I'm as sexy as ever but I don't feel it. So I'm trying to lose weight for myself :)
  • Blmooreiii
    Options
    For myself. It started with a goal to run a marathon. I havent run my marathon yet, but I have 1, 1/2 half marathon, 5 5k's and 2 10k's. I'm on the road to it. I just needed to get in shape. Diabetes and Hypertension run in my family. In order to avoid that path I had to make changes in my life. That was motivation.
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You better be in this for yourself. Other peoples reactions are a nice side effect, but to stick with good health for the long run, you have to be doing it for you.

L
  • blel0906
    Options
    Doing it for myself as well..my husband thinks I'm beautiful no mater what size I am :happy: I used to want to lose weight purely for vanity but now its more, I want to feel more energetic and healthy I don't feel healthy weighing over 200 lbs.
  • crissi66
    Options
    definetly doing it for me. I have tried to diet before for other people. That always ended in failure. My boyfriend is the absolute best. He loves me fat, thats the way i was when we met, but i knew i had reached a limit that was unsafe. He has always been in great shape and goes to the gym almost everyday. Now that the weather is cold in NY im going with him twice a week and then bymyself twice a week as well. Its hard to make the right food decisions but its worth it in the end. A few mins reading the labels is well worth the time i used to spend wondering the crap isle filling up on chips and dip and cookies all the time.
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    im doing it so i feel better about myself i look in the mirror and go ****! :/ fajkwrghjnroi but like i used to be skinny and i remember how easy everything was and also women like a skinny guy haha
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    It's all about me, lol! I want to be healthy and feel good, and If I look good in the process, all the better! :bigsmile:
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    This is one thing I'm doing just for me. And I'm not letting other peoples comments hinder me. Some people are so critical of people who may seem "small" to them but the person may have extra baggage they know they are carrying. That's where I am. I'm 5'1" and my weight flucuates between 140 and 138. My doctor says to be at 130. I've gone from 172 to 140 since January 2010. So many people in my world are critical of the weight loss especially if I say I have 10 more lbs to lose. So yes, it's all about me.
  • fitnewlife
    Options
    Its funny the way we see ourselves versus the way others see it. I know when I reach my goal of 130 or 127 I'm going to feel great. Not only because of the way I look but also because of the way I feel.
    I'm doing it for me and b/c my parents tell me I'm gettin fat. My boyfriend says I look fine and that I'm as sexy as ever but I don't feel it. So I'm trying to lose weight for myself :)
  • fitnewlife
    Options
    Those are some of my goals so I understand how you feel. Good Luck
    For myself. It started with a goal to run a marathon. I havent run my marathon yet, but I have 1, 1/2 half marathon, 5 5k's and 2 10k's. I'm on the road to it. I just needed to get in shape. Diabetes and Hypertension run in my family. In order to avoid that path I had to make changes in my life. That was motivation.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    It must be an age 20 something thing to not use periods or commas...

I am losing weight for myself.
  • turbojanem
    Options
    to take care of my Temple.....for God, for me, for my health, for my family, to be an example to all those that cross my path.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    I'm doing it for myself, my husband, and my family.

For myself because I want to look good and have body confidence. Currently I'm at the weight range before I had my first daughter. Of course the difference now is that have my csection belly but even with that my body confidence is up again and I don't feel disgusted with myself. Now I just complain about how my clothes are too big and that my boobs are getting smaller.LOL

For my husband because he didn't marry a "fat" person. He never complained about my body and loved just the same whether I was 135 or 185. We have been married for 6 years now and I still want him to be attracted to me. If I allowed myself to get bigger, I felt like he would slowly not be attracted to me no more. He is also in the military and typically the stereotype for Army Wives is that they get fat and have tons of kids. I don't mind the tons of kids because we make beautiful children but if my husband is required to stay in shape than I should also be in shape. When my husband introduces me to people I want them to think "Wow! He has a good looking wife".

(Also his brother's wives are skinny so I don't want to be the chunky one. I'm also the youngest - so I shouldn't give up on my looks/body image just because I become a mother)

For my family because my husband and I want our children to play sports but if we are unfit parents than we aren't setting a good example. I want to be able to practice with my daughters and not get tired after 5 mins. Even if they don't want to play sports, I just want to have the energy to play with my children.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Mostly for myself but I also want to be around to see grandchildren many years from now...I also wouldn't mind being a hot mom lol.
  • tater8589
    Options
    I'm doing it mostly for myself, my husband still likes how I look (he even complained that my butt got smaller, lol) But some of it I'm doing for others. I want to look better for my husband (like I did when we met/ or better :wink: ), I want to remain the small one in my family, and I want my ex to regret his decision.
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I've tried to do it for anothers and failed so many times.:mad:

This time is different. I am doing it for me..... if others reap the benefits then so be it!!! But this is allllllll for ME! :bigsmile: