Eat To Live Day One (calling like minded group members)

Options
Today is the first day I've started my new JOURNEY! I call it the Journey to Me, since I'm discovering the real me inside starting with the healthy Me. I would love to connect with others who have been on the EAT TO LIVE way of life, who are looking to start the Journey, and who are also looking for support and guidance. I would appreciate any help! Thank you for your time! :smile:

Replies

• beanpanda
    Options
    Hi. I am also currently on the same Journey to discovering the real me. I started out doing awesome but now I have hit a wall and am struggling to get past it. I am looking for any support or help as well. So feel free to add me and hopefully we can motivate eachother
  • ttconn
    ttconn Posts: 14
    Options
    Day one for me too
  • peacefulsun0306
    Options
    Thanks you guys!!!
  • kathydbd13
    Options
    Hi, I'm trying the same journey. I've done about every diet possible. They work, but I get off track and gain more weight than I started with! So trying to start an eat to live journey too. Would love to participate!
  • Ninjawarrior
    Ninjawarrior Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in. My nutritionist just recommended this book. I've been on MFP for a two months tracking everything and can't drop a pound! She suggested I try something radically different and see if it works. I'm an athlete and I want to drop some weights and see if my performance improves and what my energy level does. I'm willing to make a commitment to try this and see how it compares. Especially since I now have two good months of food and exercise logs to compare it to.
  • dellaquilaa
    dellaquilaa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm down, feel free to add me =)

I've been plant-strong a few months now and I feel incredible, it's definitely worth the commitment. It was a struggle at first, but it becomes second nature quickly. I stopped craving yogurt, cheese and chicken within a week or two - I just stopped viewing them as food and they became "foodlike substance" which sounds just plain gross to me =)
  • yetieddie
    yetieddie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Back on the eat to live. Did it for about 6 weeks, then bounced off a bit... but when on it felt like a new man. And dropped 25 pounds. Back to it. Please feel free to add me if you like.... Great lifestyle.
  • Tbuiocchi
    Options
    Hi, Ive been eating vegetarian for the most part for several years. I have been transitioning into vegan and want to make today my first start date of Eat to Live. Is this still active? Id love to be a part of a support group!

Teresa
  • lehua10
    Options
    HI - I would like to join this board. Am a flailing vegetarian after 5 yrs (sneaking bites of meat every once in a while) and would like to get back to eating healthy. Embraced Eating to Live when I became a vegetarian but have slide in the past year due to a family crisis then arthoscopic surgery on my knee. Couldn't exercise and gained 10 lbs. Want my old self back!

Would greatly appreciate help staying on track, eating healthy again and, most of all, start moving again. After 5 months of not being able to exercise I've become really sedentary.

Where to start?
  • mgm62
    mgm62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too started eat to live today and need some support. I have 50 lbs to lose and want to start feeling better. I am a junk food junkie and cannot control myself. I am a stress eater. Am very hopeful I can follow this plan.
  • IFhappyskin
    Options
    Hopefully I'm not to late to be in on this group. I have been a vegan for 3 months now, but did it for ethical reasons and have been eating junk food every day. I want to always be vegan but it is time to start being a healthy one. I hope to lose my 30 extra pounds.
  • cranberrylane
    Options
    Is there room for one more?:smile:
  • cranberrylane
    Options
    I'd like to try 6 weeks of this, starting Jan. 2 (daily):

• 1 Tbsp flaxseed
    • 1 cup legumes: chickpeas, black beans, lentils, kidney beans, cannellini beans, white beans, navy beans
    • 4+ fresh fruit: apples, bananas, berries, grapes, mango, melon, oranges, peaches, pears, pineapple, kiwi
    • 1 lb raw veg: Kale, chard, romaine, green pepper, frozen peas, cucumber, sprouts
    • 1 lb cooked veg: broccoli, zucchini, Brussels sprout, escarole, spinach, onion, mushroom, cauliflower,..
    • 0-2 oz avocado
    • 0-1 cup starch: butternut squash, brown/wild rice, cooked carrot, sweet potato, barley
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I was curious to what this was so I looked it up and downloaded the book to my kindle...there was some great information in there and I think on my next grocery shopping trip, I'm going to plan out two weeks of meals following this diet and see how it goes. I already love fruits and veggies but cutting out poultry and diary will be difficult. I'm glad I looked into this.
  • cranberrylane
    Options
    I followed it for 3 weeks once and lost over 20 pounds. The only reason I stopped following it was that I didn't take the time to plan more variety in what I ate (I was commuting 20 hours a week at the time). But it wasn't even the speedy weight loss I loved most, it was knowing I was feeding my body high quality nutrients and fighting disease. My friend is a cancer survivor and swears by a plant-based, whole food diet to keep her healthy and cancer-free.
  • bsyqnb
    Options
    Hello, everyone. I started Eat to Live on December 9th and have lost 9 pounds this week. I am looking for supportive friends who are also doing it. I find it quite simple if I plan ahead. I started when I did because I needed a motivational jump start for the beginning of the year.
  • jelineee
    jelineee Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am primarily following a fruitarian diet but do have cooked vegan food once or twice a week and would very much like to be friends with people sharing the same lifestyle
  • BellehavenfarmDawn
    BellehavenfarmDawn Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Luv ETL. down 50 lbs so far! Feel so good! Keep up the good healthy eating my Nutrtarians. gotta go play outside now with my fav pal,
    <~~~~~ Love Sunny Days!
  • Malaika946
    Malaika946 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    This is my journey. I need your support. No rude comments please.

http://malaikasfitnessquest.blogspot.co.uk
    Please look at my blog.
    Am waiting for your feedback