Looking for buddies with good tips and motivation!

Options
Hi guys,

I just passed my goal of being 145lbs (original goal was 150lbs!) and I'm starting to hit "maintenance mode", although if I do loose another 3lbs I won't complain. I've lost 42lbs so far and it's been one of the most amazing journeys ever.

I'd love to connect with new people who are also in a similar situation (as well as others who are still loosing, I'd love to support you too).

I'm a Mum to 10 month old Ruben James and a wife to a dutch guy (I live in Holland) I teach english to ESL students and own my own (very) small business giving private lessons to children, teens and adults. I love running, yoga, crossfit (although here in Holland it's called Club Challenge and my class isn't super intense.....sadly....), Jillian Michaels DVD's (completed 30DS, Ripped in 30 and now working on Extreme Shed and Shred) and any trying out new fitness things all the time. I also love BAKING hahah, except I hardly do that now!

Anyways, I'd love to connect with you so we can inspire and support one another.

Peace!
Amy

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Add me. I am always up for positive reenforcement and to keep my fitness where I got it to by losing weight and getting better!

How do you manage all those things you do ? I am impressed!
  • kelseystew
    kelseystew Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I just hit maintaince too! We can figure this out together! I am a big runner and love Jillian! Just finishing Rin30 then on to No More Trouble Zones in Dec:) I am trying to more yoga including a evening routine and hopefully a morning routine as well starting next week, also ahve JM yoga meltdown I might try :)
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I run and like the 30 DS videos! Am around 140 and looking to maybe lose another 5 or keep maintaining :)
  • Cayjominara
    Cayjominara Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy,

Feel free to add me as a friend! I am right there in the thick of the journey with you. Any support and encouragement we can offer to others is all good! Great job so far on reaching your goals. Keep pushing and working not only your body, but that mindset as well!
  • pugsleyjean
    pugsleyjean Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I think I am ready to maintain but not sure yet. I had a love/hate relationship with the scale and had to stop weighing myself. I stopped November 1st and was at 131.4. (started in April at my heaviest 163lbs) I am trying to learn to love my body without seeing the number on the scale. I will weigh in on December 1st to see where I am at. I feel better emotionally and physically right now that I think I am ready to maintain and get tone.
    Feel free to add. Im a big cheerleader on here and love active friends. Best of luck to you!
  • westendcurls
    westendcurls Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! in fact you all can :) I'd love some more pals on MFP. I'm a mom of a 5year old very active boy. and I'm working on getting my certificates in personal training and group fitness. I've been simi maintaining for almost a year now. I have had to occasionally cut calories again so not sure what you call that. life I guess lol
  • Jasmine1995xoxo
    Jasmine1995xoxo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi please can you be my buddy. I would really appreciate some support
  • skinnybythanksgiving
    Options
    Hi Aimelou,

I'm pretty much doing the same thing. I reached 124.5 and was happy. Then I decided to down to 120 to have some leeway on my weight, I don't want to go over my goal, and of course did as soon as I went on maintenance.

I walk most days and do an at-home workout with weights that includes lunges, sit-ups, etc.

I'd love to support each other.
  • sharonhouse81
    sharonhouse81 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow.. it looks like you had the same goal I currently do. I am 195 pounds (88.45kg) and have a goal weight of 150 pounds (68kg). So far in 10 days I have lost 6.8 pounds (3.1kg) and it has really motivated me seeing your post.... I can't imagine what it will be like to hit maintenance mode! Did you do cardio everyday as well as resistance training? You have to give me your best pointers! Thanks!
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Okay TIP of the day: Do not put polka dot bikini on Bacon.....that is all..return to your regular programming.
  • tcmom72
    Options
    Congrats to you! Please add me. Lost 40 + pounds last August. I am at 132 and have maintained that weight (give or take 2 pounds). This is the longest I have kept weight off. Would love to motivate you and be motivated. :)
  • heatherlord9847
    Options
    Hey guys I'm looking for some motivation and just general chit chat and buddies to keep going.
    Find it easy to fall off the wagon at times.

Thanks
    Heather.