Threw the fries away!!

Options
So this may sound dumb to some but I was cheering myself on! I stay home and my husband is a police officer. Well, he was home and lunch break and brought his Angus Bacon cheeseburger, 10 piece nugget, large fry and coke with him! This man is a stick!! Anyway, he had to leave quickly on a call and hadn't gotten to his fries yet. I started to clean up the kitchen and they were begging me to grab some ketchup and eat them! Welllll...I didnt!! After stepping on the scale at the gym this morning and seeing my 31 pound weight loss in less than 2 months I just could not! And I just finished a one hour cardio workout so I would be so angry at myself! I called him to share my story so I figured I would tell you guys too!

Replies

• lisafrancis629
    Options
    Good for you! Fries are one of my favorites so I understand your accomplishment. Way to keep focused and on track. :smile:
  • Amanda141982
    Options
    Good job! That took some major will power. They probably wouldn't have even tasted good after such a long workout. I find that after i work out greasy stuff sounds gross. Way to go!
  • casonyamc
    Options
    Fries are my weakness! I haven't gotten to the point where I want to throw them away yet, so congrats to you for your will power!
  • PocketNaomi
    Options
    Yay! Go you!
  • jennicain
    Options
    Awesome! That is amazing! I love McDonalds fries and as a mom of four kids who LOVE that junk I am subjected all the time! they are about the worst thing you can eat! That was a real accomplishment! Way to stay in control and be strong!! :flowerforyou:
  • emersoam
    emersoam Posts: 179
    Options
    Tough workouts are the best way to help yourself develop and grow will power. And when you know hard it is to burn off 500 calories, compared to how easy it is to eat 500 calories...it puts things into perspective. Congrats!
  • cmsdives
    Options
    Not dumb AT ALL!!!!! That is definitely something to be proud of!!! I'm proud of you and for you! :o)

:drinker:
  • lizzie4015
    Options
    good for you!!
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Great job! I have a problem when my roommates bring junk food into the house...but usually they will give me a few fries and my craving is gone.
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    That's willpower! :drinker: (water)
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

putting down the fries so helped me but I still dream of them lol. way to fight temptation!
  • justinswife
    justinswife Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comments! I never knew how hard burning off all that junk was until I have to calculate it in order to eat!!
  • jmbarragan
    jmbarragan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    So, life does go on without fries... great job passing up the fries!!!
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    That's great!!
  • bittersweet1989
    Options
    That's great!!! :) I don't think I would have had that kind of will power...especially if they were sitting right in front of me!! lol
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

In order to toss something I think I would have to do what Miranda did on that one episode of Sex in the City. After eating cake out of the garbage can she realized how gross she was being so she poured soap and Comet cleaner on it.
  • ErinB
    ErinB Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great job!! :)
  • Carol_can_do_it
    Options
    Awesome! All of these minor victories will add up to a big success! Keep up the good work.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Not dumb at all, in fact that shows an amazing amount of self-restraint! I don't know that I could have thrown away fries. :tongue: Thanks for sharing your story. Maybe next time I have the opportunity, I will think of you and tell myself, "If she can throw them away, so can you!" :laugh:
  • alibur85
    alibur85 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Awesome will-power!! You are an inspiration for sure! I would have popped a couple in my mouth for sure! This is encouragement for me to stay strong! Thanks for sharing your step of restraint!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!