Hello all ...

Options
Hey all,

I'm MACH, an Asian female ... I recently heard about many good things about Myfitnesspal and thought to give it a try ... My goal is to lose weight ...

I'm 31, a tall female (5' 10.5'') and I'm overweight ... My current weight is 240 ...

I've recently joined a gym and hopefully I'll be sticking to my gym routine this time ...

If you guys can give me any tips and how to start this journey and stay motivated ... I would be grateful :)

Replies

• DotPett
    DotPett Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request! :-). Lets do this thing!
  • jillr527
    jillr527 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm sending you a request. My first day here (in August) I was just over 240 and had only lost a few pounds dieting on my own. I'm under 200 now, have a regular workout routine in our home gym, and I feel so much better! I still have quite a way to go to my goal, so let's lose together!
  • BudhiRooh
    BudhiRooh Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    thank u for your friendship requests and for your replies. I look forward to get inspiration and tips from you people :)
  • shafstar
    Options
    Welcome....

I know it's very easy to jump in and try the deep end but I strongly suggest the paddling pool first. I started almost 3 months ago and have lost 25kg by diet and 'SLOWLY' building up my cardio. (treadmill + walking)

The last few days have been firsts for me with some sprints ! Something I've not done in more than 10 years. My gym membership starts at the end of the months hence the reason why I suggest you gauge your potential.

For example when I first started 3 months back the first day was hell ... after a week I rapidly felt great and decided to go and view a real raw boxing circuit. What I saw shocked me because I used to be able to do that but no way on earth could I do it now.

I'm still aiming for it but am many months away.

Good luck