Ladies 5' 10 and OVER

Hey Ladies,

So there are many debates on BMI and weight for us bigger woman. At my leanest and meanest I was 170LB at 5'11. I had just left a 6 month military academy so obviously worked my *kitten* off there. I have had numerous doctors and Trainers tell me that for my body type (medium build) I should be no under 170lb and no more then 190LB. I see woman on here that are taller then me at 135lb!! What the heck?!?! I would like to hear from some of you tall girls about your goal weights and why they are your goals. No body bashing, I just am curious. I would also like to hear from any CERTIFIED TRAINERS too.

Replies

• jamie88moore
    jamie88moore Posts: 54 Member
    I am 5'9 and its crazy I used to always be 135....I had a really high metabolism...but 6 years ago I was but on a med I have to take for the rest of my life and I gained 20lbs and looked great and that was good for me...but now I have gained due to some other stuff....170 IS GREAT FOR YOUR HEIGHT....BUT SOME PEOPLE ARE SO OBSESSED ON BEING SO THIN...ugly thin....I am on a 1600 cal diet on here and haven't really been consistant yet but I will not do a 1200 and shouldn't....so my opinion along with what my doctors you are right...I have never watched what I have ate or been on a diet but I have to change now...a way of life!!!!
  • I am sorry to hear about the medication. They are so toxic for your body. My mom had to do the same thing when her thyroid shut down. I am happy to hear that I am not the only one eating more then 1200 cal a day though haha. I had to make a life style change as well. I used to work until midnight most nights and the only thing open at that hour is nothing I should be putting into my body, but I did it anyway and I also had a life event that caused a lot of emotional eating. Thank you for sharing =)
  • I'm 5'11 and my goal weight is around 160, which was what I was at at my thinnest. I had boobs, butt, curvy figure and a flat tummy. I dont think that how much you weigh matters and when you are tall the high 130s can be a healthy weight depending on your body type, personally, I don't want to be that thin. I think you should aim for whatever you're comfortable and where you feel your sexiest! And woohoo other tall chicks!
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Hey Ladies,

So there are many debates on BMI and weight for us bigger woman. At my leanest and meanest I was 170LB at 5'11. I had just left a 6 month military academy so obviously worked my *kitten* off there. I have had numerous doctors and Trainers tell me that for my body type (medium build) I should be no under 170lb and no more then 190LB. I see woman on here that are taller then me at 135lb!! What the heck?!?! I would like to hear from some of you tall girls about your goal weights and why they are your goals. No body bashing, I just am curious. I would also like to hear from any CERTIFIED TRAINERS too.

135 may not be good for you. thats almost underweight accdg to the BMI calculator. you might look sickly.
    http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/obesity/BMI/bmicalc.htm

dont go lower than 150ish. if you already fit in the clothes you like and look great naked. then just stay there. to boney aint good in my opinion.
  • Werfam
    Werfam Posts: 29
    At 5'9, I have been every where on the scale. From 100 lbs ( with an eating disorder) to 135 ( with an eating disorder ) to my highest at 200(with an eating disorder) to now 160 (working on getting rid of an eating disorder ).

It hasn't been easy , but finally I've learned it's not about the #, it's about how I feel and my health. ☺️