LADIES 5' 10'' and over goal weight!!

Options
Hey Ladies,

So there are many debates on BMI and weight for us bigger woman. At my leanest and meanest I was 170LB at 5'11. I had just left a 6 month military academy so obviously worked my *kitten* off there. I have had numerous doctors and Trainers tell me that for my body type (medium build) I should be no under 170lb and no more then 190LB. I see woman on here that are taller then me at 135lb!! What the heck?!?! I would like to hear from some of you tall girls about your goal weights and why they are your goals. No body bashing, I just am curious. I would also like to hear from any CERTIFIED TRAINERS too.

Replies

• KaraK10
    Options
    I'm tall too (5'9") and my goal weight is 155-165. Remember that BMI does not take muscle mass into account. It is really just a guideline to classify weight and most times it is a good indicator which is why it is widely used by medical professionals. I think that sounds spot on, especially since you just left military academy at that time and most likely had good muscle mass and low body fat. As far as the girls being 135 lbs, Im sure there are some people out there that are naturally very thin, but I don't think that is the norm for sure. Supermodels are generally in that height and weight range and we all know that is not the norm but it does exist :)

Kara
  • onefitchick75
    onefitchick75 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11" and have been maintaining at about 148 for 3 months. I lift at the gym 4 days a week and have built up some great muscle. I'm in a size 6 and feel better than I ever have!
  • knsx04
    Options
    I am 5'10 and currently 145-150. My goal is 135. Why? Because I was 115 before kids. I am naturally very scrawny but currently have a belly, saddlebags, and back fat. I am more interested in toning my stomach, hips, and back than the actual number of the scale. My main problem is lack of time and a love of eating. I have no muscle tone so my weight is all fat. If I build muscle while losing the fat, I could actually gain on the scale and I am fine with that.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I've seen pictures of MFPer Cranquistador who is 5'11 (I believe) when she was 192lbs and 185lbs. all I can say is ERMAGHAD. I'd kill for her body. Freaking gorgeous.
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    If only I was as tall as you ladies... hmmm, I wouldnt need a stool to reach the top of the cupboard. (Sucks being short !)
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I've seen pictures of MFPer Cranquistador who is 5'11 (I believe) when she was 192lbs and 185lbs. all I can say is ERMAGHAD. I'd kill for her body. Freaking gorgeous.
    thank you:flowerforyou: :blushing:

And I do not have a goal weight. I am trying to reduce my body fat and retain what muscle I have by lifting weights.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    In for tall women! :love: :wink:
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    The taller you are, the wider the weight range. Regarding BMI scales relative to body composition, I believe it's more ideal to score higher since having more lean mass is a marker for better health. In contrast, scoring low may suggest a person has below-average lean mass compared to fat mass which can be a marker for less than optimal health.
  • Fern890
    Fern890 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and my weight varies between 132- 135 pounds which sounds as though I should be really scrawny but I am a UK size 10, DD bust and have a little pot belly yet friends of mine who look slimmer are heavier. I definitely attribute it to having very little muscle mass and a high body fat percentage. I find it very hard to shift weight from my middle but have always had gangly arms and legs. I ate at a deficit for a while and think that I lost a lot of muscle when I was losing weight. Silly, uneducated mistake to make! I want to put on weight but get a little leaner so going to see what strength training will do for my body composition.
  • stephyj528
    stephyj528 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wow this is great I'm always the tallest....I am 5'10" and now 180. My goal weight is 155. I was at that once in my life for a year and felt amazing normally I've been 170..athletic but def have some chub. I think the same I'm like wow I'm morbidly obese these other girls are 120-130. Idk if I could ever be that. I do have body image issues from being tall but I try to embrace it. I think ill have to do measurements this time bc my weight isn't going down much when I do strength training. Its hard. Friend me if u want! Goodluck!
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and my weight varies between 132- 135 pounds which sounds as though I should be really scrawny but I am a UK size 10, DD bust and have a little pot belly yet friends of mine who look slimmer are heavier. I definitely attribute it to having very little muscle mass and a high body fat percentage. I find it very hard to shift weight from my middle but have always had gangly arms and legs. I ate at a deficit for a while and think that I lost a lot of muscle when I was losing weight. Silly, uneducated mistake to make! I want to put on weight but get a little leaner so going to see what strength training will do for my body composition.

To strength train, u gotta eat! unless you have lbs to lose, then you eat on deficit.
    Im on strength training rt now and Im upping my calories to get leaner muscles and lose fat.
    I would like to help and motivate. feel free to add me!
  • Indiri13
    Indiri13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my goal is to hit 150 and then maintain between 150-155. With my current LBM that's about 21% body fat. I weigh 167 today, down from an all time high of 240. My high school/college weight was 145 but I had a lot less muscle back then so I don't think that's a good goal for me anymore. Hopefully by this summer I'll get to my goal weight.
  • betrishy
    betrishy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and my goal is 137lbs, I am currently 145 with a starting weight of 162.8. My heaviest after the birth of my last child was 189. I do have a smaller frame for being 5'10.
  • klwatts1
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and have a real wide frame. My goal is 180lbs - I couldn't imagine being anything smaller than that!
  • shirleygirl1013
    shirleygirl1013 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I feel your struggle. I am 5'10'' as well and have been at 160 and thought I couldnt be thinner and now with my current routine I am at 145 and feel great. I think the best thing to do is get a body fat analysis done. Mine is higher than average and I am ok gaining weight to be at an average If your body fat is witihin range then i dont think it is wrong to be on the heavy side.
  • ltssharon
    ltssharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    KiraBaby20 wrote: »
    Hey Ladies,

So there are many debates on BMI and weight for us bigger woman. At my leanest and meanest I was 170LB at 5'11. I had just left a 6 month military academy so obviously worked my *kitten* off there. I have had numerous doctors and Trainers tell me that for my body type (medium build) I should be no under 170lb and no more then 190LB. I see woman on here that are taller then me at 135lb!! What the heck?!?! I would like to hear from some of you tall girls about your goal weights and why they are your goals. No body bashing, I just am curious. I would also like to hear from any CERTIFIED TRAINERS too.

5'10' and 151 pounds, goal weight 145 (anything under 150) BUT can't get there. 1200 - 1300 calories a day, which feels like punishment because I have to stay away from the kitchen. but it is better than feeting fat. I am curvy (DD) and old 65.
  • SwimmyD
    SwimmyD Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Are you resurrecting this old 2103 thread because you are curious about the OP's question, or are you looking for other very tall lean women?
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and my initial goal was just to get into a healthy BMI range. As I got healthier, I found my magic number was 167 lbs. Any higher and my bikini didn't fit quite right, any lower and my face looked too thin. Plus I just feel my best at 167 lbs. Good luck finding your magic number :)
  • centralvicgirl
    centralvicgirl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and my goal between children was 170lb/77kg, which I reached. Am now 178lb/81kg and would like to get back to my original goal. I also cannot imagine being much less than 167lb/75kg, that I would feel/look too thin.
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    5'10", I've always wanted to be 120. However my sister, who's 5'11", looked great when she was in the 140's. So right now I'm shooting for 150, and we'll see if I'm happy with how I look when I get to that number.