Support!!

Options
Hey all :)

So I'm 18, and I gained a LOT of weight after I lost a loved one.

I'm so disappointed with myself, and I need support!

I'm a little over 200lbs now, and I'm so embarrassed. I've gone back and forth with losing the weight, but last week when I weighed myself is when I finally said enough is enough. I don't have a number goal, I just want to be healthy and happy with myself again. If I had to put a number on it I imagine that it would be somewhere around 130-140.

I can't afford to go to the gym so last week I got rid of all the junk, started eating clean, and doing home workouts. (mostly stuff that I find on youtube)

So, basically, I'm just looking for people who can help motivate me and I can do the same in return! Add me and let's support each other though this? :)

Replies

• Pmscur
    Pmscur Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You are taking the first step..... Getting positive people for support, deciding to change and taking steps to do it.
    I have been over 200 before and still working on it. My wight goal is about the same as yours..... Maybe we could get there together? I have struggled for years so maybe you can pick out my bad habits and I will cheer you on on your goals .
    Pmscur
  • sch1994
    sch1994 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Im basically in the same boat as you, you can add me if you like and support eachother :) Its hard but with the support on here you can do it! :)
  • dancingmuffin
    dancingmuffin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im 300lbs trying to get down to 150. ill send you a friend request. I am also just starting :(
  • maryribeiro
    Options
    Let's do this!!!!!
  • maryribeiro
    Options
    Ann happy to be your buddy. I am also over 200 lbs and not living it that I weigh more than my husband....ugh. I am ready to do it if you are!
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Hey All

I want to help and motivate. Add me and let me get my pom poms and cheer you ON!
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into joining a weekly support and accountability group? There are options out there other than spending big monthly fees. I joined a group that cost me $29 a year and we have weekly meetings that include a private weigh-in, contests, support, etc.

Feel free to friend me if you'd like, good luck on your journey!
  • Quantumanthem
    Options
    Hey :) I totally get how you feel! I'm 18 as well and trying to lose some pounds, from 117lbs to 102 because I'm 164cm tall so I'm pretty short for an 18 year old :(

Anyway, good luck on this journey, and never give up!! :) If you want some support and encouragement feel free to add me, so we can motivate each other!!

Believe me the first two weeks are hell (i'm on my 2nd day of weight loss and I want to eat lol) but you'll definitely get there!!

Add me! :)

Maddy xx