So Upset, gained 4 pounds!

Options
I was soo excited to run out and buy a digital scale today, until i tested it. I knew I felt like I had gained or at least didn't feel as free as I did last week, but I'm right back to where I started from over a week ago. I'm hoping its because i normally weigh myself 1st thing in the morning and with lightweight clothing on. Today I weighed myself in the afternoon, with sweats on (yes, i took them off and it stayed the same:() But its more likely because I was sick last week and barely ate anything, which also meant i barely ate any veggies.

Well guess i[m headed to the gym tomorrow.

Replies

• Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it, we do fluctuate a lot during the week anyway and weighing yourself in the afternoon will have a big difference in weight. just carry on what you're doing, you may find it's all gone again by next week!
  • crystal9999
    crystal9999 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    What time of day you weigh definitely makes a difference!!!! I can weigh at night and be 3 lbs heavier than I was that morning! I only weigh in the mornings. If I forget, then I just wait until the next morning!
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Remember, different scales, different weights. Start fresh with this one and try to remove all variations such as time of day, clothes you wear etc to get a true weight.
  • Birdnicaj
    Options
    Guidelines for weighing yourself:
    1. In the morning
    2. After a BM
    3. Completely naked
  • mvekakis
    Options
    Don't forget that each scale is different. I weigh 6 pounds more on my scale than I do on the scale at my parents house. And time of day definitely matters! Stay positive!
  • niknok28
    Options
    I've been up to 6 lbs heavier by the late afternoon! Don't go by that reading! ;)
  • CarolALeBrun
    CarolALeBrun Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I can fluctuate up to 5 lbs during the course of the day - I recall entering a weight loss challenge and you had to get weight at 6:00 pm. I just about peeled every piece of clothing, took off my earings and my watch - you name it and still would be 3-5 lbs heavier than the morning. They (whoever they are) recommend you weigh yourself first thing after a pit-stop to the washroom for your true weight. Your height is also a smudge taller after sleeping too as your spine/discs re-align.
  • patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it...Best thing I have found is to weigh around the same time of day...Generally mornings (before eating) after ridding myself of any and everything that I can to drop weight (going to the bathroom and bare nekkid...ok maybe socks because the bathroom floor is cold) Always remember that even the slightest little difference in what you are wearing (or not wearing) and what you have on or in your body will affect the numbers on the scale. GOOD LUCK, KEEP IT UP
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I was told to weigh myself at the same time whether its once a week or daily. I like to do it in the morning after I pee.
  • piquilter
    Options
    I agree, same time every day & personally I think morning is best. Scales do very, I know I way a couple pounds more at the gym than I do on my scale at home & lord knows the doctor's office is even worst. Some days we retain more water than others & different times of the month we retain more (I vaguely remember those days :laugh: ). It's a journey, not a race. Just keep up the good habits. We've all been there.:wink:
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I can fluctuate nearly 10 lbs in a day. Don't sweat it. If you are drinking lots of water you have to . .um . . .process it and it weighs 8 lbs per gallon.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I weigh Friday and Monday morning, after I pee but before I get into the shower. I realized I might be a little crazy when it occurred to me, "I should blow my nose before getting on the scale!"
  • mybutterflower
    mybutterflower Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Consistency is definitely key here. I try to weigh myself the same time every day, otherwise I can fluctuate by five pounds.