My NSV today made me really see my progress

Options
Today I put on a hoodie that was buried in my wardrobe. I lived in hoodies for years because they were comfortable and would hide my stomach. I know now that you really can't hide your shape no matter what you wear. I was just fooling myself. Anyhow, I put on the hoodie and did a double take when I walked past the mirror. My hoodie had a permanent stretch mark of a stomach that no longer hugged mine! It really looked funny, It looked like a pregnant belly sticking out away from my body. This made me happy. I also know that my stomach was even bigger because it stretches so that was just the recovery - when my old body was inside, it stretched out more.

It was a boost to my ego and knowing that my efforts are paying off.

Keep going, because I sure will!

:-)

Replies

• jmath911
    jmath911 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You've changed that much since August? Great job!
  • glamdiva11
    glamdiva11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to get there!!!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    That's a fantastic NSV! It's shocking to me too to look at the clothes I used to wear. Congrats! You're doing so well.
  • Jkowals123
    Jkowals123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    What is NSV?
  • ntdrive
    ntdrive Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Non-scale victory
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    What is NSV?

A non-scale victory.

Meaning you can fit into a smaller size jeans, or receive a compliment, or can finally jog a mile, or any other victory, big or small, that doesn't have to do with numbers on the scale... but you know what you're doing is working.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    What a cool NSV! Congratulations!
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I call that winning! :)

Excellent job!!!
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I'm a hoodie wearer too!!
  • 88lbs2lose
    Options
    You go girl! that is an awesome NSV!!!
  • rebornat45
    rebornat45 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Since I started changing my eating habits and realized that I have been 'hiding' all those years by covering up. I started 'exposing' my tummy (not wearing my hoodies) so that my trouble spot could be visible to me and I started SEEING myself and what I had done to my body. I think that really helped me by being a very big motivation to change my lifestyle. TMI alert!!! I rub my tummy as I fall asleep to 'spend time with it' and try to etch it into my permanent memory because I know one day it will no longer be there :-)

**Doingit/Well, I have a huge collection**
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!