Options
Hello all,
I would like to get HRM,
Any advise is very appropriated. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Mine seems good but not had it long. Polar FT7. Heard lots of people on here say it's good. There are better but I believe they cost a lot more.
  • mimieon
    mimieon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm very happy with my polar ft40. I like that it has a function that tries to approximate v02max and incorporates that.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    I would like to get HRM,
    What do you want to use it for?
    Hopefully as a cardio training aid - if so, what sports are you training for?

If boxing (big clue from your profile picture!!) then the chest strap mounted transmitter could be seriously painful......
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Chest strap = Polar is great... I have an F7
  • Orient_Charm
    Orient_Charm Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone
  • Orient_Charm
    Options
    Hello all,
    I would like to get HRM,
    What do you want to use it for?
    Hopefully as a cardio training aid - if so, what sports are you training for?

If boxing (big clue from your profile picture!!) then the chest strap mounted transmitter could be seriously painful......

Thank you,
    I want to use it for all my training, including boxing and aerobic and running.
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    I bought myself a Suunto Quest as an early Christmas present. I really like using it to make sure I am getting a good, intense workout when I bike, jog, and do aerobics. I really like the movescount website that allows you to upload your data and track PTE, EPOC, VO2max, and other variables. It is very motivating!
  • Orient_Charm
    Options
    Thanks
  • _Giselle_
    Options
    I really like my Polar one with the chest strap. Not sure now which model I have… I do find that I have to get new batteries very often which is annoying. I guess I just use it too much. ;)
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have polar ft 4, nothing fancy, just the basics-all I need or want is to know how many calories I burned and how long and how far. Amazon is a great place to buy these too! Hope that helps
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Thank you,
    I want to use it for all my training, including boxing and aerobic and running.
    I use the Polar FT7 and really like it both in the gym and cycling - very simple to use, just missing a VO2 max setting really.

For boxing the transmitter on the chest strap is quite chunky and if you get punched there it's seriously going to hurt!!
    As it tends to sit just over your xiphisternum you are going to go down!! Hope your defence is good. :smile:

Or maybe just wear it for training and not the bouts?
  • Orient_Charm
    Options
    Dear FT7 owners, dose it give you an alarm when you are in or out of your training zone ?
  • eldazzio
    eldazzio Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can set your upper and lower limits and it beeps when you go out of the range.
  • Orient_Charm
    Options
    Yes, you can set your upper and lower limits and it beeps when you go out of the range.

Thank you so much
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Suunto T1C core - excellent and never failed me. I used to have a Polar (not the 7) and it los signal with the chest strap if it didn't stay in the exact right position - so frustrating adjusting it 30+ times per workout! I'm sure with the more expensive ones this isn't an issue though.
  • Orient_Charm
    Options
    Suunto T1C core - excellent and never failed me. I used to have a Polar (not the 7) and it los signal with the chest strap if it didn't stay in the exact right position - so frustrating adjusting it 30+ times per workout! I'm sure with the more expensive ones this isn't an issue though.

Thank you,
    Can you please give a link , I am not able to find this product
  • MrsJBro
    MrsJBro Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm love my polar FT7. It's never given me a problem, and I had a Polar F4 before that lasted for years. The Polar's are great because they work well with most cardio pieces at the gym, where Garmin's can be hit or miss.
  • Orient_Charm
    Options
    I'm love my polar FT7. It's never given me a problem, and I had a Polar F4 before that lasted for years. The Polar's are great because they work well with most cardio pieces at the gym, where Garmin's can be hit or miss.

Thank you,appreciate your reply
  • souti_in_oz
    Options
    I bought myself a Suunto Quest as an early Christmas present. I really like using it to make sure I am getting a good, intense workout when I bike, jog, and do aerobics. I really like the movescount website that allows you to upload your data and track PTE, EPOC, VO2max, and other variables. It is very motivating!

There's a tread on here, that members are asking Suunto Quest users find that the calories burned after a work out is inaccurate. I find mine to be rather high, but its compares to a polar set up I was using. But the Quest is higher. What is your opinion?