What am i missing ? Disappointed, Confused and tired!

Options
Respected members,

I ( 92 KG, 185 CM) have been constantly hitting gym for the past three weeks to shed a few pounds/flab and tone up my muscles. To my surprise and disappointment there is no change (not even a few grams) in my weight for the past few weeks (All the three weeks its 92.3 KG)

Workout summary: 7 days a week
Warm up 15-20 mins + weight train 45 mins + 60 minutes in treadmill or Elliptical

Diet:
Breakfast: 1 bowl of whole milk + raisins + chocoballs + few almonds
Lunch : 1 cup of rice + broccoli + boiled chicken/scrambled eggs
Snack: 1 cup carrot-orange juice + 1 apple + 2 slice of bread with peanut butter
Postworkout: Natural whey protein shake
Dinner: Veg salad + yoghurt + 3 boiled eggs

And my fat examination report says that my body fat content has actually increased and muscle density has decreased. I am confused here and i am not sure if i am missing something here. Please note that i completely stopped alcohol intake/smoking/Junk foods for the past one month.

Myfitnesspal calorie counter shows that i am deficit of calories based on my diet and workout, But still...no change!

Please could someone suggest/advise me if i am missing something here. I am looking forward to loose atleast 5-10 KG in the next 6 months.

Many thanks in Advance,
A worried pal

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Log your food. Just looking at your list there I see several places where even though those are healthy choices, you may be consuming more calories than you think you are.
  • Nate0047
    Nate0047 Posts: 105
    Options
    A couple of things spring to mind here. First, how much water are you drinking? If you're not getting enough water, it raises the sodium concentration in your body, causing it to retain more water, causing you to gain weight.

The second thought is that you're always eating the same thing. Your body is quite good at adapting to whatever food and exercise routine you have, and becomes more efficient at performing with those nutrients and those exercises. So, over time, the same diet and exercise routine becomes less effective. This is a big reason why people (like me) who had/have a lot of weight to lose often hit a plateau. Changing up your diet and exercise routine will help you avoid this.

Also be sure you're not under-eating. Try hitting your calorie targets, and eating back your exercise calories for a few weeks, and see if that changes things. Oddly enough, when I started eating back my exercise calories, I lost more weight than before.
  • inzianand
    inzianand Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks for your valuable response.

I just purchased a kitchen weighing scale to accurately measure my calories. Its very true that without accurately knowing the calorie intake, we cant arrive at a solution which works for us.
  • inzianand
    Options
    Hi Nate0047,

Thank you very much for the valuable response.

I'm drinking about 2.5-3 Litres of water per day.

Regarding the food part, yes i find it very hard to change my diet plan frequently. Please could you let me know or share your calorie diary so that i can make adjustments to my diet.

Also i have purchased a Kitchen weighing scale. Hope this time i calculate my calories right.
  • AnnaZimm70
    AnnaZimm70 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    If you open your food diary it helps people provide more complete responses.
  • inzianand
    Options
    Hi Anna,

I started using MFP in the beginning of this month and stopped logging after the first week :embarassed:

Let me log my food accurately for the next 2-3 weeks and get back to you guys.

Thank you very much.
  • Nate0047
    Options
    Regarding the food part, yes i find it very hard to change my diet plan frequently. Please could you let me know or share your calorie diary so that i can make adjustments to my diet.

For breakfast, I switch back and forth between cold cereal with milk; eggs, sausage, toast and jam; and oatmeal mixed with water. I do a few days of one, and then switch to another.

Snacks tend to be salami, sausage, fruit and nuts. Yoghurt also features prominently in my diet. Cottage cheese did, too, for a while, but I can't seem to find it here in Germany.

For lunch and dinner, I'll often sautee meat and vegetables together in a pan with a few spices. You can also do salads of different sorts. I switch meats between chicken, pork, beef and fish (salmon or tuna). I try to buy different veggies every time I go to the store. The way I eat, I often eat the same thing for a few days at a time, so if I'm eating a green salad with turkey and ham, that might go on for three or four days before I switch to something else.
  • Jkowals123
    Jkowals123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Good for u quitting the cigs! Nicotine
    speeds up your metabolism and quitting
    will slow it down . It is going to take
    your body and metabolism
    awhile to adjust to new routine.
  • inzianand
    Options
    Thanks Nate.

Your food diary was very much helpful :)
  • inzianand
    Options
    hi guys,

I started weighing my food and i have logged them in MFP.

My diary for yesterday:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/inzianand?date=2013-12-23

Please could you let me know if my diet is fine ?
  • Nate0047
    Options
    hi guys,

I started weighing my food and i have logged them in MFP.

My diary for yesterday:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/inzianand?date=2013-12-23

Please could you let me know if my diet is fine ?

Looks good to me
  • shafstar
    Options
    Diet:
    Breakfast: 1 bowl of whole milk + raisins + chocoballs + few almonds
    Lunch : 1 cup of rice + broccoli + boiled chicken/scrambled eggs
    Snack: 1 cup carrot-orange juice + 1 apple + 2 slice of bread with peanut butter
    Postworkout: Natural whey protein shake
    Dinner: Veg salad + yoghurt + 3 boiled eggs

How big are those portion sizes mate ? My breakfast bowl used to be a massive bowl of crunchy nut LOL :)
    Not liking those eggs + whey, seems like you want to bulk and lose weight at the same time.

For myself I went from 110->90 very rapidly but got stuck on 90 for a week or so... this confused me until I realised that I simply had to workout harder. My aim is for 80 too but it's getting much harder