Spinach Recipes???

2»

Replies

• claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    add to risotto, lasagna, any casserole dishes,sandwiches well that's all I got
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    my favorite is cook and drain frozen spinach, or you could cook up baby spinach until it wilts. mix in ricotta, marinara sauce, oregano and garlic,and grated parmesan if you want. delish.

i love baked ziti with spinach as well. or an omelette with spinach and mushrooms
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Since the only way I can stomach spinach is raw, I put into my smoothie. I do 2 handfuls of spinach (raw) and add water, a banana (CANNOT FORGET) and whatever other fruit I like-apple, cherries, mixed fruit. and blend.

You CANNOT taste the spinach-only the other fruit..however it may be a gross greenish brownish color, or green, or purplish..lol :)
  • mrstallent
    mrstallent Posts: 13 Member
    Here's a link to a recipe on my Pinterest for a super delicious coconut milk "creamed" spinach.... ohhhh my goodness I could eat a big bowl full of this! http://www.pinterest.com/pin/135882113729921107/

Is that the canned coconut milk, like used in Thai food? Or the boxed stuff used for drinking?

Thanks!
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    1. Canned Tuna, Thawed out frozen chopped spinach, and a bit of fat free mayo...makes a good tuna sammie.
    2. If you like any type of bean, take some onions, tomatoes, garlic, fresh spinach...sautee with your favorite seasonings, add some beans.....excellent fiber and tastes delicious.
  • Lyn409
    Lyn409 Posts: 3 Member
    This was dinner the other night and the leftover was lunch today - http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/spinach_gratin_with_hard_boiled_eggs/

It was amazing!
  • TheWretchedFat
    TheWretchedFat Posts: 52 Member
    Yay! This all sounds really awesome! Can't wait to try new recipes :)
  • laceyfowler
    laceyfowler Posts: 127 Member
    Here's a link to a recipe on my Pinterest for a super delicious coconut milk "creamed" spinach.... ohhhh my goodness I could eat a big bowl full of this! http://www.pinterest.com/pin/135882113729921107/

Is that the canned coconut milk, like used in Thai food? Or the boxed stuff used for drinking?

Thanks!

It's the canned coconut milk, like used in Thai food, not the boxed coconut water :-) My favorite brand is JFC (it seems a little thicker than most) but any canned one should work :-)
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,787 Member
    Saute a bunch of mushrooms with plenty of garlic and some Worcestershire sauce; when they're as you like them add a crapload of spinach and stir until just wilted; serve the whole mess over some hot, freshly cooked lentils. For extra credit, add in some sliced chicken sausage while you're sauteeing the mushrooms.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    I love spinach as a stuffing for fish or chicken. If you mix it with ricotta and mozzarella, it's wonderful this way.
  • whole grain bread with light ranch olive oil black pepper and maybe crushed red pepper. i take it to school for lunch all the time. its quick, not messy, and yummy!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Saute a little (or a lot) of garlic with some olive oil. Toss in spinach until wilted and squeeze fresh lemon juice on top.
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    bump
  • Polda2010
    Polda2010 Posts: 99 Member
    If you are following a specific diet such a Low carb I'll be able to provide you with a few links...Spinach is a low carb staple.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,072 Member
    Saute with olive oil and garlic, and serve over cooked beans (e.g., canellini, lentils, whatever you favorite is)

In a bibimbap-style dish: saute fresh spinach with oil and salt, serve over rice with other thin-sliced or julienned veggies (e.g., cucumber, carrot, summer squash, mung bean sprouts, cooked mushrooms), fried egg or julienned scrambled egg, and, if you want, bulgogi-style beef (marinated in soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, cooked, and sliced in small pieces like you would for a stir-fry), although I tend to just load up on vegetables. Top with hot sauce (a soy-chili paste is traditional, but go with what you've got). Mix everything together and enjoy.

In a salad with other greens and crisp veggies; add a little crumbly goat cheese or feta for a little protein, or top with grilled salmon for a substantial amount of protein

Eggs Florentine (I think that's what it's called -- eggs benedict with a layer of cooked spinach between the muffin and the egg)

Spinach quiche
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/anarkali-shorba.aspx

^^^ This soup sounds weird and takes some effort to find the ingredients and prepare, but it is one of the most delicious soups I have ever had.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    10 oz box of frozen spinach
    1o lbs carne asada meat
    oranges.
    garlic salt
    corn tortillas
    salsa of choice

Set frozen spinach on the counter to thaw.

Cut oranges in half. Layer carne asada in a single layer in a big pot. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Squeeze oranges on top and drop entire orange peel on top. Repeat with another layer of carne asada, garlic salt and oranges until all gone. Marinade up to a few hours, while you hunt for easter eggs, hit pinatas, or throw bolo, or watch d!ck clarks ball drop.

Heat up your bbq. Go outside and throw a couple hunks of carne asada on top discarding orange peels as you go. Cook until it looks done on one side turn over until it looks done on the other side. Repeat until all your meat is cooked removing to a clean platter.

Heat up the tortillas, put the meat and salsa inside and eat. Make room on the table for all your friends and neighbors who can smell the yum, by throwing away that soggy box of spinach.