Is shakeology a ripoff?

Options
Any pros and cons you can offer from your experience? Thanx

Replies

• WhoHa42
    WhoHa42 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Don't know much about it but I'm gonna go ahead and say any kind of shake besides protein is a ripoff
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I'd rather eat food than drink a meal-replacement shake.
  • Glossysweets
    Options
    I have no clue, but honestly I would just make your own shakes. Choose a good protein powder, fruits, veggies, etc. Do keep an eye on calorie count though because depending on what you add a shake can easily get high in calories. Kale and spirulina are great for shakes.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    It seems more of a cult than a ripoff IMO. The coaches and people who sing its praises are just a bit out there.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Yes. It's an overpriced low quality protein shake.
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    1. $129.95 for a pkg? whew! to heavy for my wallet.
    2. a lazy way to get in shape
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Yes. Save your money and just eat right.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    hai
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    They're only a rip off for those who have two brain cells to rub together and a modicum of common sense. However, to the common sucker, they are weight loss gold.

Rigger
  • Iluvmyfurbabies
    Iluvmyfurbabies Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. My question has been answered with a little topic search...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/467070-shakeology?page=2

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/445106-is-shakeology-overpriced

Lots of good info!
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I have no clue, but honestly I would just make your own shakes. Choose a good protein powder, fruits, veggies, etc. Do keep an eye on calorie count though because depending on what you add a shake can easily get high in calories. Kale and spirulina are great for shakes.

+1

Notorious whey protein fruit/leafy green smoothie advocate.
  • tyal0523
    Options
    This Shake is a game changer. Shakeology combined with healthy eating and a good workout will change your results for the better. I was half way through my first round of Insanity when I started using Shakeology. My results had kind of stalled and this pushed me to my goal. $129.00 for a 30 day supply gets a lot of people to say WOW, Hold up that's expensive!!!!!! People this is a meal replacement shake not a protein shake. YOU replace one of your higher calorie meals with this and it averages $4 a meal. You can't shop or go out to eat and get a Healthy meal for $4. You try this shake for a week or two and then miss a day and you can tell. Shakeology does give you energy and does all the things it say's, PLUS what other meal replacement shake or protein shake offers a money back guarantee if you don't like it or the results you get???????????
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    This Shake is a game changer. Shakeology combined with healthy eating and a good workout will change your results for the better. I was half way through my first round of Insanity when I started using Shakeology. My results had kind of stalled and this pushed me to my goal. $129.00 for a 30 day supply gets a lot of people to say WOW, Hold up that's expensive!!!!!! People this is a meal replacement shake not a protein shake. YOU replace one of your higher calorie meals with this and it averages $4 a meal. You can't shop or go out to eat and get a Healthy meal for $4. You try this shake for a week or two and then miss a day and you can tell. Shakeology does give you energy and does all the things it say's, PLUS what other meal replacement shake or protein shake offers a money back guarantee if you don't like it or the results you get???????????

LMAO

oh and hello post hoc ergo propter hoc
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

I think the response from this cultist... no..no... customer! That's the word I was looking for... anyway, the response from this cult- **** I did it again.
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Pretty much most of them are, this is no exception! To each their own but I hate to see people throw their money away on stuff like this. I really love the 'shakeology combined with healthy eating and exercise will change your results'...duh! Healthy eating and exercise are exactly how I not only lost all of my weight but have kept it off for several years and am in the best shape of my entire life. Really health is a no brainer and you don't need special meals, diet pills or over priced protein shakes. I know people who swear by this stuff and I'm all for do what works for you but to be perfectly honest, I've gotten the same or better results just from choosing wisely what I eat and getting regular daily exercise. Now that said, the exercise portion that goes along with these shakes is a good solid workout and the best part is people can do this in the comfort of their own home.
  • alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I drank Shakeology for 3 months and loved it. It helps curb cravings and makes you feel more energized. It also helped my IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). I actually didn't have to take my prescription meds for IBS because it helped so much.

However, during the third month, I started getting really nauseous and feeling sick to my stomach a few hours after drinking it. I couldn't take it anymore so I stopped using it.

I don't suggest missing a day of drinking it because you will also feel sick…… at least I did.
  • Sreneesa
    Options

That is what I do. Use whey protein and fruits and green leafy veggies... yummyyyyy.... I use a ninja. Love my ninja....

Edit.. LOL @ me already posting a similar post on the 17th on here. Sorry for the redundancy ...lol
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

Beachbody coach strikes again......

OP:

You do not need this. Set reasonable goals and be patient.
  • Sreneesa
    Options

I can! lol

I'm frugal and on a very tight budget and best believe I can go shop at stores and get a healthy meal, and if choosing the right places to go for 4 dollars. That's funny you are assuming that! lol
  • eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options

From Shop Rite:
    1/2 Cup Store Brand Oats (30 Servings per $2.79 container) = 150 calories, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein, 9 cents/serving
    1 9 oz banana, Average 33 cents a piece = 100 calories, 3 g fiber, 1.3 g protein, 33 cents/serving
    2 Tbsp Diamond Walnuts = 100 Calories, 1 g fiber, 2.5 g protein, + healthy fats, 25 cents per 2 tbsp
    1 Cup 1% milk = 100 calories, 8 g protein, (16 servings in 1 gallon) 21 cents per serving

88 Cents for a $450 calorie nutritious meal with 16.8 g protein and healthy fats and fiber. Sounds like I CAN get a cheap meal under $4 without your shakeology shakes.
This discussion has been closed.