The Carrot Soup Dreams Are Made Of

Options
Simmered carrots in homemade chicken stock with a bit of red onion, a touch of thyme and rosemary, salt and pepper. Blend it up (any blender will do but a blendtec, vitamix, or other high end blender will take this from amazing to other worldly levels of impossible creamy smoothness, that there are no words, simply no words). When super smoooooth, serve hot and if desired, and I recommend it, add a dab of cream and mix it in, or milk if you only want to be half fabulous, but the dairy is totally optional. Another bonus is a small bit of thinly shredded cheddar cheese sprinkled over top and oh, why not? a generous sprinkling of paprika finishes it off nicely.

I just made this for my husband's lunch. He works third shift, from home, and I am off to bed in a minute. Anyway I had to take a little bite. I am so jealous of him, but I know what I am having for lunch tomorrow hehehe.

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Sounds great. Lover of soups.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Sounds beautiful,,, yummy!

Thanks for sharing!
  • FitMomOK
    FitMomOK Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    great idea. I have a rosemary tree trying out right now so I'm looking for ways to use rosemary. Thanks!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    great idea. I have a rosemary tree trying out right now so I'm looking for ways to use rosemary. Thanks!

Me too. The carrots we grew were crap. Last time trying to grow them. I'm leaving it to the experts from now on ;)
  • Diet_Soda
    Diet_Soda Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yum...stir in some plain Greek yogurt. I have carrots that need to be used. I think I I know what I will do with them now.
  • AproMunro
    Options
    Oh yes. Greek yogurt would not be out of place at all!
  • AproMunro
    Options

Use rosemary in ALL THE THINGS!
  • epazia
    epazia Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    smoked paprika is really wonderful in this soup as well
  • AproMunro
    Options
    smoked paprika is really wonderful in this soup as well

Oh definitely! I did top it with regular paprika but smoked paprika would have also been perfect. This soup is basically a blank slate. Season in any way you desire. That was just the way I did it last night, and YUM It was calling to me! I wanted to get some tortilla chips and dip them as though it was a cheese sauce. SO DECADENT!
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    wonder if this works with coconut milk
  • AproMunro
    Options
    wonder if this works with coconut milk

I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't. I mean, it won't be EXACTLY what I made, which is out of this world! haha but it will still be an amazing soup! DO IT!