FITBIT OR OTHER TRACKER

Options
I am thinking about getting a Fitbit or something like that. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on which I should get or not get. I am trying to do as much research as possible before I spend money on something. Thanks :)

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    There are loads of threads on here. Do searches for STRIIV, Mio active connect, Nike Fuelband, Fitbit Jawbone Up, Basis and AMIIGO. I have the Bodymediafit which I think is the best.
  • tankerville
    Options
    I used the BodyMedia a couple of years ago to lose about 50 pounds. It works great. You have to pay more for the one that syncs with the smartphone (bought mine before that was released) so I have to sync daily to see the data. Also has a $7 monthly charge in order to even sync and see the data.

I have recently bought and am trying the Fitbit Flex. I am wearing both and charting the data. To date - as far as calories expended, they track each other very well. In general the Fitbit estimates less calories burned than the BodyMedia by around 50-100 calories per day. The data logging is free after the unit purchase. I bought the Fitbit as a possible long term replacement for the BodyMedia and intend to stop the monthly payments in a few more months after i generate more comparisons.
  • roselark36
    roselark36 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have used the BodyMedia fit for years and I LOVE it! It is the most accurate of all the devices that I have seen.