What should I get from Starbucks?

Options
2»

Replies

• bonjalandoni
    bonjalandoni Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    latte, got good protein content with the least calories... I used to choose the sweetest drinks now i can honestly say i have changed... :-)
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Due to my employer being generous at the holidays, I now have $30 in Starbucks gift cards. I don't really drink coffee, and rarely go to Starbucks.

I need some suggestions, or else I'll just end up getting $30 worth of cake pops. And eat them in one sitting.
    [/quote

Give it away to someone who cannot afford to go to Starbucks.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Green tea lemonaid is always my favorite
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    They also have k-cups that may be nice to give as gifts or keep as a treat.
  • Ke11er
    Ke11er Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Here's another idea...go through the drive through and order the item you decide you'd like. Now here's where it gets fun for you...leave the balance on the card with the cashier and instruct him/her to surprise the next car(s) behind you with coffee already paid courtesy of one of Santa's kindest fun loving elves :-) You could trigger some real holiday spirit, they might just pick up the tab for the car behind them! Or, go buy $30 worth of coffee treats and deliver them to a few lucky hard working retail folks at your next stop, or surprise a couple of the cold volunteer bell ringers with a warm treat.
  • dgroulx
    dgroulx Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    They all have sugar, unless you just order plain coffee or tea. I like the vanilla roobios tea. They brew it, then I add my sweetener and a little half & half. Really good. Sugar is a no-no on my diet. They do have some sugar free syrups, if you like to add flavor.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    All the skinny drinks are about 100 calories for a tall, but if you don't want artificial sweeteners, the caramel and hazelnut macchiatos are both 180 calories for a tall. I get two shots to displace some of the milk with extra caffeine. :)

If you want food, the protein bistro box is the best option. It makes a great meal or snack!
  • VaingloriousVictoria
    Options
    During the summer/spring, I enjoy the Hibiscus refresher. It's low in calorie and delicious.Otherwise, I enjoy the Skinny Vanilla Latte, Non-Fat Pumpkin Spice Latte, and Skinny Peppermint Mocha. When I am being "bad," I get an eggnog latte...

Re-gifting is another idea, but I like a pick me up every once in a while. Good luck!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    pumpkin spice late with skim milk and low fat whip cream..its like 120 to 180 cals and freaking delicious...
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I'd ReGift it.
  • chantalscott1
    chantalscott1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I know you don't like coffee but neither do my family and they all loved the white chocolate mocha, it's sweet. I usually ask for no whipped cream and skimmed milk
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Well from Costa I like a skinny hot chocolate and their 3 x chocolate donuts. Chocolate topped, chocolate shavings, and gooey chocolate inside :love:
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Sugar-free Hazelnut Soy Latte!!! It tastes like a caramel cookie and it's only 170 cals for the venti size :-) I have it on a regular, if only it didn't cost almost $5, grrrr.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,013 Member
    Options
    If it's warm where you are, the iced teas are pretty good. I like the passion tea lightly sweetened (2 pumps in a grande).

Try it with raspberry syrup rather than the classic (simple) syrup. (Passion is a red, hibiscus-based herb tea aka tisane, similar to Celestial Seasonings' zingers.)

I never thought of that. Hmm, mint syrup in black or green iced tea,...almond syrup in black tea, ... This opens up all kinds of possibilities!
  • nattyann2245
    nattyann2245 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Spinach and Feta Wrap for food, and a "skinny" grande or tall sized flavored latte if you want a coffee drink
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Due to my employer being generous at the holidays, I now have $30 in Starbucks gift cards. I don't really drink coffee, and rarely go to Starbucks.

I need some suggestions, or else I'll just end up getting $30 worth of cake pops. And eat them in one sitting.

I'm not sure I see the problem there. Maybe eating them all in one sitting, which I'm not opposed to either but can understand the hesitation. In fact, when I read the topic that was the first suggestion to come to mind.
    I love cake pops.

You could buy one of the reusable hot or cold mugs, depending on what you drink normally.