Is my diet plan right, your thoughts

Options
Just to share with you I have been working on a strict diet of chicken, soup and juices and I am using these tablets to increase my metabolism advancednutrition .co. The soup is really simple it is boiled vegetables and chicken strips, the chicken is boiled in water and I am drinking a lot of grape fruit juice. I am targeting a loss of 30 pounds in 2 months.

Replies

• Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Why you starving yourself, this is not healthy and you need to see professional help.
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    This is not healthy or sustainable. Try eating the grapes instead of the juice, you'll get more satisfaction that way. Drink water. Soup is fine, but long term you might find your diet to be boring which means you won't stick to it. Also, at the end of 30 or 60 days, what will you eat? If you'll go back to what you have been eating to this point I am afraid you will just regain, eating that way is what made you want to lose 30lbs to begin with.
  • markgriffiths507
    markgriffiths507 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That's a big loss in a short space of time....good luck !
  • shafstar
    Options

I've done 25kg BUT here's the big BUT - it's ******* difficult and requires a lot of will power especially over the first few weeks where you literally have to cut your food intake by up to a third !

OP I strongly suggest you read how many calories are in a glass of juice. I wouldn't touch the stuff with a barge pole until I've maintained a good weight with a decent exercise regime
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options

I've done 25kg BUT here's the big BUT - it's ******* difficult and requires a lot of will power especially over the first few weeks where you literally have to cut your food intake by up to a third !

OP I strongly suggest you read how many calories are in a glass of juice. I wouldn't touch the stuff with a barge pole until I've maintained a good weight with a decent exercise regime

You're telling someone with an unhealthy eating plan not to drink a 100 calorie glass of juice?

:laugh:

Good plan.
  • shafstar
    Options
    You're telling someone with an unhealthy eating plan not to drink a 100 calorie glass of juice?
    got
    :laugh:

Good plan.

I thought it was 200 :p

Hmmmm actually you have a fair point.... I too took the 'unhealthy eating plan' and got seriously worried that I ended up involving a doctor. I was definitely not hitting the nutrients RDA Yeah tbh I think I should not encourage such plans. Sorry
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Where is the fat?!?

It really isn't healthy, and whilst you lose weight quickly, it's unlikely to stay off once you "finish" the diet and eat normally again.
  • tm82001
    tm82001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    1) This Message Board is for those who have lost weight and are now maintaining. You are asking a question on the wrong board.

2) No! Your eating plan is not healthy and not effective in the long term.

3) Go to the Message Board titled General Diet and Weight Loss Help and read everything you can before starting your weight loss journey. You need to change your habits in a healthy way to make this weight loss permanent.

Start Here>>>>>>http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1069275-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Just to share with you I have been working on a strict diet of chicken, soup and juices and I am using these tablets to increase my metabolism advancednutrition .co. The soup is really simple it is boiled vegetables and chicken strips, the chicken is boiled in water and I am drinking a lot of grape fruit juice. I am targeting a loss of 30 pounds in 2 months.
    not right. i didnt even have to read past the term "Strict diet" to know that. not enough food, the tablets are a waste of time and money and might even be hurting you in the long run. the food sounds disgusting. you aren't learning anything about proper nutrition (ie what happens in 2 months when you go back to not eating like you're in a prison camp?)
  • Cadaverous_Bones
    Options
    I think you should change the diet up a little bit. Make sure you are getting the amount of calories MFP sets for you based on your activity level. Try baking chicken or frying in a skillet, because boiled chicken is going to get real boring soon and that isn't something you want to eat for the rest of your life. Also have fresh fruits/veggies. Juice has a lot of added sugar, unless you are buying all natural organic juices. You could even get a juicer and make your own. You need to be eating healthy fats too, like avocados, nuts, etc. Drink 2 liters of water a day or more!
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Dear Members,

Just a short missive to explain the reasoning behind the locking of this topic.

The purpose of this forum is to provide a community for all of our users who are trying to gain weight in healthy way. While those seeking support in their recovery from an eating disorder are welcome at MyFitnessPal, we do not allow promotion of unsafe weight-loss techniques or eating disorders.
    From our Community Guidelines:
    No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    i) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.
    MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that anyone suffering from the symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, or Compulsive eating seeks help and support for their disease.

Please make use of the resources offered by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders.
    You may reach the ANAD hotline by phone in the US: 847-831-3438 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Central Time) or on the web at http://www.anad.org

Sincerely,

Gemma MFP Moderator.
This discussion has been closed.