am sorry if your upset with my topics

Options
i was just trying to support you guys i didnt know by posting topics to help you guys would make that lady leave a reude comment

if i upseted u i promise i wont post a topic no more

Replies

• TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You didn't just ignore that person!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    what topic I am so confused:noway:
  • tater8589
    Options
    I agree just ignore that person. I got some really rude comments when I first joined.. almost made me quit the site. but I decided I was here for me and the rude people could move on.
  • orange_avocado
    Options
    99% of people on MFP are very supporting and kind and willing to just ignore a topic if it doesn't interest them. But occasionally there are people who continually make their rude presence known. Just ignore those people; MFP is a community for *everyone*. If you want to discuss sex or any other topic that's important to you, don't let someone else stop you. They always have the option to ignore it.

As a side note, to follow general internet etiquette, posting a topic with "attention getters" in the headline (like "===========" etc) is usually not necessary and using all capitol letters in considered "shouting" and is hard on the eyes to read! :flowerforyou:
  • obifatkanobi
    Options
    One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch. Keep posting for yourself and for us. I think most of us are mature enough to handle most any topic, and sensitive enough to either say something supportive, positive, or helpful.
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    99% of people on MFP are very supporting and kind and willing to just ignore a topic if it doesn't interest them. But occasionally there are people who continually make their rude presence known. Just ignore those people; MFP is a community for *everyone*. If you want to discuss sex or any other topic that's important to you, don't let someone else stop you. They always have the option to ignore it.

Agreed :bigsmile:
  • Andre_Demers
    Options
    Don't worry, I appreciated your comments and yes that aspect is important too. Be happy and have a great day. :)
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I saw what happened in the other post and wanted to explain some things but I had to go get my kids from school. I see both sides and points and need to explain some "belly of the internet things"". Hope all in here and that thread read them.

Most one here comment on my humor. I've come here from the "underbelly" of the internet where if you aren't jovial you are massacred. I ran web sites since the BEGINNING of the web and have experience on webboards.

Historically speaking, ALL CAPS and anything like ++++++================TITLE+++++++++=============== are considered AW behavior and in 90% of the cases across the web turn out to be AWs or Trolls or Scams or Spams and it is banned and filtered on most major boards.

Was the person in the thread correct to call it out in the manner she did? No (smack on nose). But that said, I am betting she came from another place on the web that had already experienced this and finally cracked. It is considered poor form to look at a recent list and see this

===============DIET TIPS==============

all the way down.

Giving where we are and how wonderful the people are here I doubt Hepy knew of this. And I don't think that it was handled well. That said, I am pretty sure that was what sparked that response.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Too lazy to track it down. Most people here are great. There will be skirmishes...it is human nature. I post a lot here and I believe the people who "like" my posts are 3 to 1 against.
    But it is the 1's that keep me here. :wink:
  • Sammy_k715
    Sammy_k715 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Just ignore them, it wasn't a big deal. Some people are just a little cranky =P
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    This topic is fine, just locking it so that it doesn't lead to further arguments. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.