Booze...

Options
I'm new here, and have been doing ok so far. But I just found out that my favorite cocktail is worth 750+ cals (!)... Having developped a substantial resistance to booze over years of uh, practice, I need at least 3 of those to get anywhere when I'm out (which I've been trying to limit to once a week, but in this time of year it's rough).

How have drinkers been dealing?

Replies

• lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    One of the first things I ditched when I started logging was sweet cocktails, just way too many calories for the amount of resulting buzz. I stick to wine or beer.

If you don't mind diet soda, a Jack and diet Coke isn't bad calorie-wise from what I hear. Bloody Mary's work too, if you don't get all that skewered food on them.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I'm new here, and have been doing ok so far. But I just found out that my favorite cocktail is worth 750+ cals (!)... Having developped a substantial resistance to booze over years of uh, practice, I need at least 3 of those to get anywhere when I'm out (which I've been trying to limit to once a week, but in this time of year it's rough).

How have drinkers been dealing?

I am very curious to know what your favorite cocktail is that is packing 750+ calories.

I am drinking a lot fewer microbrews and sipping straight tequila or bourbon. Interspersed with glasses of water. About 100 cals a shot (though not taking them as shots - slow sipping).

EDIT: corrected to quote OP and not first response.
  • turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Wow I am really glad I didnt get into the habit of drinking yet.
  • journey_man
    journey_man Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    The glorious, irreplaceable Long Island iced tea. Which I drink because of its potency.

This one is gonna be hard.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    The glorious, irreplaceable Long Island iced tea. Which I drink because of its potency.

How big a LI? That's pretty frightening.

I shudder to think how many cals were in this bad boy I had last summer on vacation (at least 7 oz of booze). My wife saw the guy mixing the drink and decided a beer was a safer bet for her - so that's her pint next to my mason jar of LI iced tea. This was after drinks and dinner - so I only had one drink that night at the bar. :yawn:

LIIcedtea_zps7b30ef93.jpg
  • monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Cut back to lose the tolerance. That way you don't have the high cals, and when you do drink, you can stick to low cal, not so lethal drinks.
  • Bobbie8786
    Bobbie8786 Posts: 202 Member
    Options

This one is gonna be hard.

I make mine using diet lime coke. It clocks in at 193 calories. I use 0.5 ounce each of tequila, captain morgan, vodka, gin and triple sec.
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    So, choose a less calorie dense cocktail;
    Here is a good resource
    http://getdrunknotfat.com/