Boyfriend + Christmas = HELP !!

Options
ashley4336
ashley4336 Posts: 24 Member
I just don't know for the life of me what to get my boyfriend for christmas. I already got him a shirt and some after shave, but id like to get him something else. I've had a couple other ideas, but not to sure if I should or not.
-GPS
-Toy Helicopter
or
-A stocking full of shampoo, shavers, chocolate... ect.

He is 20, and we've been together for 13 months now. He is VERY into working on vehicles, however he already has soo many tools. He is also into games, but yet again, he already has soo many. He also ADORES his truck. But i really don't know what to get him for that, seeing as he is always messing around with it.

Any idea's from other men, or women of what they got their men?
It would be very helpful. I am not going to be with him this christmas, but will be seeing him in January when i get back there. Right now I am back home with my parents for christmas, and he stayed at home with his family and so he could work.

Thankss! :)

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I think the GPS sounds like a great gift especially if you think he will really use it often and it doesn't blow your budget. The fun little stuff you mentioned sounds good too. If you believe he would LOVE the toy helicopter then go for it but I personally would probably nix that because I tend to like inexpensive and/or practical presents as does my husband.

We only do stocking stuffers for each other (and then take a little trip after Christmas which is our main gift to e/o). Things like mini alcohol bottles, candy, etc. Last year I got him those things along with a gift card, journal with a funny saying on it, license plate frame from the bicycle shop, etc. I would share more details on what's in his stocking this year...but he is also a MFP member ;-)
  • taramaraa
    Options
    Sounds like my man! I think an awesome gift would be something to help with his cars. Men LOVE their cars! If he has all his tools, why not do something like a gift voucher for a car shop? (Here, I can think of Super Cheap Auto, Total Tools or Mitre10). That way, even if he doesn't use it right this minute, he'll definitely use it in the future. What about something for his tools? A neat toolbox or tooltray? A pressure washer for his car? (You can pick a decent one up for $200AUD). GPS is a good idea too! All I can suggest is don't buy him anything that's specific. He'll have his favourite brand and if you get him Kincrome when he prefers Steelcrome, he might not like it! Good luck & Merry Christmas!
  • HeKTiKKBraH
    Options
    Sounds like a guy who would enjoy a sweet toy helicopter, I know I would.
  • togmo
    togmo Posts: 257
    Options
    A toy helicopter can be hours of fun. I think that is a pretty nifty present idea.

If he likes cars you could get him a pair of overalls but ones that don't fit him but look good on you, if you get my drift...
  • StaceyLittleHippo
    Options
    Aftershave
    Underwear
    Socks
    Chocolate hamper
    Calendar of his favourite cars
    Ps4 games
    Christmas biscuits
    Personalised giant cookie
    Toy helicopter or racing car
    Themed day out
    Spa day for a couple
    Racing/driving day
    Personalised mug
    Wash bucket full of cleaning products, air fresheners for his truck :)
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Get him a toy Yoda and a light saber.

woman-wins-toyota-gets-toy-yoda.jpg

Ya know?
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Helicopter. Might be cool to get him a nice RC car sometime too, they make ones (Xmods was one I knew of) that you can build and upgrade yourself, including adding different tricked-out parts and bodykits. :)
  • crystalbluewolf13
    crystalbluewolf13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I didn't get my husband anything for his Birthday or Christmas this year, he didn't want anything and he doesn't appreciate random tat. Tbh though i did tell him so it won't be a shock lol told him if i he can think of something i'll get it but otherwise he's not getting anything, seems everyone else (friends and family) haven't gotten him anything either XD
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    While the helicopter sounds cool, I don't understand the argument of not getting him something he loves because you feel that he already has too many of them. Would someone please explain that one to me? Feel free to use small words.