Places to eat in Seattle...

Options
djc315
djc315 Posts: 585 Member
Can you recommend a place to eat in Seattle? My friends and I are open to any kind of food - but we are on a tight budget. Like, poorer than college student budget (if we could get away with 10 dollars a person, that would be amazing). We will be in the University District tonight and need to grab a bite to eat at some point.

Replies

• djc315
    Options
    bump
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Can you recommend a place to eat in Seattle? My friends and I are open to any kind of food - but we are on a tight budget. Like, poorer than college student budget (if we could get away with 10 dollars a person, that would be amazing). We will be in the University District tonight and need to grab a bite to eat at some point.

Reactively, my recommendation => http://www.pikeplacefish.com/ <= http://www.pikeplacemarket.org/ <= The Public Market Center.

Looked up the latest out of curiosity and found the attached featuring what I deduce are good eats at less than $5 - $10 even: http://seattle.eater.com/archives/2013/02/28/readers-vote-16-of-seattles-best-cheap-eats.php

ETA: Add bold
  • Fishshtick
    Fishshtick Posts: 120 Member
    Options

I went to school there. A personal favorite is the place called 'Little Thai' on a side street off college ave. I can't remember exactly which one, but if you ask around you'll find it. It's not far from the brewery. By the way, it's down a stairwell and and just below street level, but don't let that stop you, it's the best Thai food in the area.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    You should try Araya in the U-District. It's vegan Thai and really good. I know lots of non-vegans that eat there just because it's so tasty. The lunch buffet is the best deal, but they have lots of dinner entrees under $10 as well.

• lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Only my favorite pizza place ever! Pagliacci on the ave. Also there are a ton of little restaurants around there that are delish.
  • lsorci919
    Options
    BTW you just made me miss home. LOL
  • djc315
    Options

Aw, Sorry! How long have you been away? I actually just recently moved here (to WA, from CT).

We ended up at an indian place, I don't remember the name. The dish was good (butter chicken) but the naan and vegetable samosa was really disappointing. The samosa was very oily and the naan tasted just like the one you can buy at Safeway.

Almost went to Pagliacci - but neither one of us really felt like pizza.

Thanks for all the recommendations - we will be going back up there at the end of Jan for another concert. Taking notes!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    McDonald's is pretty consistent everywhere you go...
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hope you found a good place to eat!!
  • lsorci919
    Options

Aw, Sorry! How long have you been away? I actually just recently moved here (to WA, from CT).

We ended up at an indian place, I don't remember the name. The dish was good (butter chicken) but the naan and vegetable samosa was really disappointing. The samosa was very oily and the naan tasted just like the one you can buy at Safeway.

Almost went to Pagliacci - but neither one of us really felt like pizza.

Thanks for all the recommendations - we will be going back up there at the end of Jan for another concert. Taking notes!

Moved away years ago. But I'm usually back there this time of the year...... except this year. Seattle is awesome though. I always miss being there.
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I hear there are some pretty good coffee shops in Seattle. You just have to walk to the end of the block to find one.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Avoid the Book Bindery. Good food, crap service.

Avoid Big Time in the U, mediocre beer, food, and service.

Heidelberg Haus is ok, decent schnitzel.