New and Motivated!

Options
Hello all,
I am new to this site, motivated to start living a healthy life style and looking for other motivated individuals! I am one who is pretty good at working out regularly but not so great at laying off of the sweets. I would love encouraging friends who are on this site with the same frame of mind!

~Alicia :smile:

Replies

• JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I just came back to the site after a hiatus during my pregnancy. I'm 12 days postpartum and looking forward to getting back into being able to exercise and lose weight. Sending a friend request :)
  • 11aliciamorgan
    11aliciamorgan Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Happy to be here and meet fabulous people such as yourself.
  • sillyli234
    sillyli234 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Welcome to the site. I believe this site help me more than any nutritionist, Doctor, and self help group EVER could. At the end of the day, you have to take responsibility for your own exercise and food choices which MFP helps making you see. Good luck and feel free to add me. :-)
  • briannw
    briannw Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Welcome
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Hello and good luck in your endeavors...feel free to add if you like
  • benny_haha
    Options
    Sweet sugary goodness....grrrr it's the devil. Soo good though. If I'm craving some sweet goodies (which is often) I usually eat a few bites before my meal once a day or right after a workout. After I do this I never have another craving throughout the day. Something to try
  • KellyDenise71
    KellyDenise71 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome. I am also new! I have been on a fairly good weight loss journey for the last 2 years and have managed to lose approx. 30#'s.... However, I have been gaining and losing the last 2-4#'s for the last 6 mos and now am steadily starting to gain again... I am on a mission to take control of the weight loss and scale again before it gets out of control on me!!!
  • Fit_Forever25
    Fit_Forever25 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hi Alicia,
    I am back here after 1 year .. last year I lost 32 pounds with the help of MFP
    Now I am here again to lose 35 pounds which I have put on during pregnancy... my baby is 5 mo now and I am good to start workouts and diets now...
    Would love to be your fren in this journey..
    and bout ur sweets addiction I have some tips.. may be try some sweet fruit next time when you crave for sweets or limit yourself with just a bite of what you love to eat and always imagine yourself in that little black dress when you eat sweets :))
    I usually have few pieces of melons or strawberries or grapes when I crave for sweets and it totally works.
  • dadof2boyz
    dadof2boyz Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi Alicia,

I think you'll find plenty of good friends here with the same sorts of challenges. I myself have been fairly diligent at the workouts, but it's the late night snacking (sugars and carbs) that are my downfall. So I am always looking for fellow friends on here that are willing to kick my butt when it needs to be said, and provide support. I will be sure to do the same.

Cheers,
    Dave
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m back too like other posters here after losing 55 pounds and then slacking off and gaining back 10. This site worked more than any other weight loss program I’ve tried including WW and I’d like to drop at least 30 more by the time I turn 50 in 2014. Feel free to add me if you’d like.
  • dadof2boyz
    dadof2boyz Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Kelly, feel free to add me as well. As I said in my note to Alicia above, I will provide the same level of support and be brutally honest with you if you are willing to do the same for me. Cheers!
  • BeckyGee84
    BeckyGee84 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the site!
    I'm back on MFP after about a year. I lost about 20 lbs last time, which was the baby weight from my son. Then right after I got down to my pre-preg weight, I got pregnant again! So I'm here to lose the same 15 or 20 lbs. More importantly, I just want to continue to be healthy and not fall into bad habits of not exercising and eating mostly junk food again. I was originally going to wait until the new year to start eating better and exercising, but I figured, why wait? I will send you a friend request.
  • 11aliciamorgan
    Options
    I like this idea. It's a good way to give into cravings a little without going overboard and indulging too much. Thanks for the tip. Sending a friend request your way :)
  • 11aliciamorgan
    Options
    Fabulous--I enjoy brutally honest folks.
  • llabruce4
    llabruce4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I am new as well, but so far it is a great tool to keep yourself accountable, and focused on whatever goals you may have. Feel free to add me if you would like.