portabella mushroom caps....mmmmm

Options
just a meal idea for anyone that does like mushrooms. does anyone love these things as much as i do? i have just discovered how to cook them in a relatively low calorie meal. they are soooo good. i cant get enough!!!!!

Replies

• Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    just a meal idea for anyone that does like mushrooms. does anyone love these things as much as i do? i have just discovered how to cook them in a relatively low calorie meal. they are soooo good. i cant get enough!!!!!

Gonna share the recipe with us? I've been trying to find new ways to incorporate more vegatables into my diet. I like mushrooms so I'd like to try this.
  • DaltonsMom
    Options
    Do share your recipe! I love portabella mushrooms.
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    MMMMMM I LOVE mushrooms! I would love to try your recipe! Post Away :)
  • msbutterflyjess
    Options
    this was my first topic posted...sorry that i posted it under the wrong forum......here goes tho....i learned to clean them on a you tube video. just wash, pull off the stem, and take out the gill stuff w a spoon. i sauteed some colored bell peppers w a little garlic, crushed red pepper, some onion powder, a tbsp of smart bal light, and about 1/4 c of organic fire roasted diced tomatoes. then added the mushroom cap in the middle w the veggies around it. i put the top on pan so nothing got dried out, then flipped it after a few min and left it on the other side for a few. then, i just put it on a small pan w some mozz cheese and put it on broil until the cheese was a little melted. (which happens very quickly btw! so stay w it)
    i am eating mostly non processed foods, mostly consisting of two fruit servings, the rest veggies (organic if available), all white meat or fish, and if i eat any breads, its always whole wheat . hope yall like this as much as i did....i really enjoyed it today for lunch.....i want more, but im out of mushroom caps now!
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I marinate mine in good quality Balsamic vinegar and grill them. NOM.
  • msbutterflyjess
    Options
    I marinate mine in good quality Balsamic vinegar and grill them. NOM.
    maybe i did mine wrong then. the first time i tried, i put some lime and basil balsamic vinegar on them before i baked it and it just gave a weird wang. thats why i didnt add it this time. hmmmmm