What was I thinking?!

Options
I am now a college student, with a very healthy life style...but I was just thinking back to my crazy high school days...yikes! I don't know how I was so thin! I would eat EVERYTHING and anything!! Literally: a WHOLE LARGE Little Cesar's pizza, super sized meals, boxes/bags of candy, extra large popcorn bowls at movies, multiple candy bars in one sitting - ALL BY MY SELF!!!! Its unreal. But like I said - I was thin! Man-o-man...the joys of a high metabolism! I am so healthy and conscious of what I eat now-a-days.

Just reminiscing on the good ol' days... :wink: haha

Replies

• dancegirl1
    dancegirl1 Posts: 30
    Options
    I am now a college student, with a very healthy life style...but I was just thinking back to my crazy high school days...yikes! I don't know how I was so thin! I would eat EVERYTHING and anything!! Literally: a WHOLE LARGE Little Cesar's pizza, super sized meals, boxes/bags of candy, extra large popcorn bowls at movies, multiple candy bars in one sitting - ALL BY MY SELF!!!! Its unreal. But like I said - I was thin! Man-o-man...the joys of a high metabolism! I am so healthy and conscious of what I eat now-a-days.

• SkinnyMama
    SkinnyMama Posts: 146
    Options
    Yeah the good ole day....I remember thinking that I would never be over weight, because I could eat whatever i wanted and I just burned it off no problem! Now, after two kids, I don't know what happened. I mean I used to be able to eat the whole bag of chips no problem dipping each bite in sour cream and not the lite stuff either. I tell you what if I had know how my body would change I would have enjoyed those care free days more:-) :wink:

But now we have the know how to be healthy and that is what counts!:flowerforyou:

Here's to looking forward and teaching our kids to enjoy their youthful metabolisms:-):laugh:
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Are you guys remembering or bragging? Wish I had ever had that problem of being too thin and eating whatever. :flowerforyou:
  • GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    Options
    Are you guys remembering or bragging? Wish I had ever had that problem of being too thin and eating whatever. :flowerforyou:

:laugh: :laugh: I was just thinking that myself!
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options

I was the same way......5'3" and 105 in HS and around 110/115 throughout my 20's. And I ate whatever and whenever I wanted. My daughter now is a little stick......so I think she'll be the same way, but she already eats healthy, so she's one step ahead.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I was like that in college. I could eat ANYTHING, drink 4 nights a week, and I stayed the same weight the whole time. Course Rugby for 6 days a week for 40 weeks a year probably didn't hurt. That's 3 hours of practice a day 5 days a week, then a game. I was probably burning 1500 cals a day average.
    *sigh*
    I would do that kind of work again in a heartbeat if I had the time.
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I danced 5 hours a day and was growing like a weed around age 15. I was 5'5" and weighed like 99 pounds. I remember a sales lady freaking out because she was having to take in the waist on a size ONE pair of jeans for me, and I thought, what is the big deal? NOW, of course, I get what the big deal is!

My son is at that point - 18 and skinny - but he makes very smart choices that I never did. If he has cookies in the afternoon, he'll skip dessert. If he's hungry, he'll eat a lot, but it will be something healthy (like an entire flat of strawberries:laugh: ). I wish I had been born with his natural self-discipline!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: I was just thinking that myself!

ditto!