Weight plateau

Options
I weighed 295. My goal is 235. Lost 20lbs in 2 months but the last month I have stalled. Still exercizing and eat 1,630 calorories a day with 3 meals a day. I don't know how to get off this plateau. People have told me to mix it uyp, do different exercises, more weight training, etc. Any thoughts???

Replies

• blgmw2
    blgmw2 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    For me every time my body stopped changing I would shock my body. I do not run but power walk daily. I would do sprints for about three or four days during my walks and increase the intensity of my workouts. Worked every time for me. Make sure you have readjusted your TDEE with your weight since you have lost 20 pounds. Another thing that helped me tremendously is making sure my macronutrients were very close to my goals by the end of the day. I do not believe in plateaus I believe as your body changes you have to change the way you take care of it. Good Luck!
  • benny_haha
    Options
    A new exercise routine should be incorporated and changed every three months to prevent plateauing. I recommend you have your body fat checked. Generally, if your caloric input is less than your calories burned throughout the day you will continue to lose weight. Now there are three types of weight you can lose: 1. Fat 2. Muscle 3. Water. This is where knowing your body fat comes into play but I don't want to get into this too deep so I will keep it simple.

What is your current daily routine for both exercise and nutrition?
    Are you consuming enough veggies and fruits?
    How about your protein and carb intake?
    What kind of fats are you getting?

These are just some of the many question that could lead to an answer for you.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I wish I could offer some advice. In the year I was losing weight I never had a plateau. Good luck.
  • sara_qayoom
    Options
    Well speaking from personal experience this worked for me and has never failed and im no doctor so this isnt the best advice... What i would do was when i reached my plateau i would binge for 2 days straight and throught that process i would gain maybe a pound of water weight. So when i went back to my original routine imy body got rid of the water weight AND additional weight :)
  • wwhite1960
    Options
    A month later and I have gaine 3 lbs. Other people have told me to eat more for a week or 2 or work out harder or change my routine. I am confused and dont know what to do. I have follwed this plan for 4 months and lost a net of 15 lbs. Depressed. I work out 5 times a week burning 2,500 calories. Help.