Chocolate

Options
My entire life I really haven't liked chocolate. If I ate a candy bar it was rare. I dont like chocolate in or on icecream, pie, cake, etc.Now that I'm on a healthy life path--I crave chocolate. I can't figure out why I would crave something I never liked. Is it possible it is mental? Or is there something in chocolate that my body thinks it needs?

Replies

• missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    What kind of chocolate are you craving? I can't tell why you would be craving it now but dark chocolate is actually really good for you.
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Yes! Your body is actually craving a few certain minerals!

If I can find the link to the chart, I'll post it here.
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options

Thank you for posting this!!!!! It says I need magnesium. I actually just started taking a magnesium supplement, but the last few days I didn't take my vitamins. I wonder if that is why I was craving chocolate. Interesting. Thanks again!!!!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    It's possible that your body is craving magnesium.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Since I've started eating healthier, my palate has changed a lot. I now crave foods that I used to rarely eat, and some of my old favorites no longer appeal to me.

I say enjoy a few pieces of chocolate! Experiment with new flavors~
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    My entire life I really haven't liked chocolate. If I ate a candy bar it was rare. I dont like chocolate in or on icecream, pie, cake, etc.Now that I'm on a healthy life path--I crave chocolate. I can't figure out why I would crave something I never liked. Is it possible it is mental? Or is there something in chocolate that my body thinks it needs?

I've been the same way! Well, I didn't NOT like chocolate, but I never had a real desire for sweets until I started losing weight. Now I crave it so much that I just eat a little bit of chocolate every night. Glad you posted this...
  • _Giselle_
    Options
    I was like that with olives. I used to really not like olives, green or black and then I started cleaning up my eating habits and all of a sudden I would crave them! Now I eat them happily once in a while.

I love the Lindt 85% dark chocolate. It's pretty much the only chocolate I like these days. I find galaxy/dove, cadbury's or any other lighter milk chocolate to be sickly sweet now even though I used to like it before. I don't even like the Lindt 70%, just the 85!
  • W0rthless_Her0
    Options

This one or a different one?

2qu2jup.jpg
  • Vicks1978
    Vicks1978 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    wow so glad I stumbled across this post, I have been the same, not into sweets at all before looking after myself and have always been a savoury person, but lately I have been craving chocolate bigtime!
    very interesting !
  • love2lift_85
    love2lift_85 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I like the Godiva chocolate bars that have like 85% cacao... I don't need very much of it to fix the craving, so it doesn't cost me many calories.
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I posted this. I thought I was probably the only person in the world that didn't like chocolate. I know that as I have grown older I like foods now that I didn't like as a child (tomatos/olives), but I have never ever liked chocolate--especially chocolate cake, chocolate icecream, chocolate pie, or just a chocolate candybar. If I eat chocolate--it is typically because of the other items...(twix, almond joy). Even then--I don't typically want them. I love other sweets. I love chewy and sour candies--although I HATE HATE HATE cherry flavored candy. Gross!

Again--I'm glad I'm not alone. I'm also glad that craving chocolate actually means something!!!!
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options

This one or a different one?

2qu2jup.jpg

Thank you :)
  • _Giselle_
    Options
    I'm glad I posted this. I thought I was probably the only person in the world that didn't like chocolate. I know that as I have grown older I like foods now that I didn't like as a child (tomatos/olives), but I have never ever liked chocolate--especially chocolate cake, chocolate icecream, chocolate pie, or just a chocolate candybar. If I eat chocolate--it is typically because of the other items...(twix, almond joy). Even then--I don't typically want them. I love other sweets. I love chewy and sour candies--although I HATE HATE HATE cherry flavored candy. Gross!

Again--I'm glad I'm not alone. I'm also glad that craving chocolate actually means something!!!!

Definitely with you when it comes to the cherry! Fake cherry is the worst. In anything!!