Men's 20 lb Holiday Challenge

Options
Alright guys..
As the Holiday's are approaching at an expedited rate, I know that I am going to need some motivation to keep on track.
There are about 7 weeks before the Christmas holiday and I know that I can get my butt on an elliptical machine and watch what I shove in my face. This being said, I want to round up a few guys to join me in a 20 lb challenge.

Some people may say that losing that much weight in so little time is unhealthy, well, my thought is: What's worse.. being overweight or losing the weight? My vote is to knock of the pounds.

Goal:
20 lbs lost by 12/24.
Weigh-in on Fridays

The Gain:
A few inches off the waist.
A few nice compliments from the family.
Looking and feeling better about oneself.

Who's in?

Replies

• troyindallas
    troyindallas Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I am dieting anyway, why not. We can do it. We will!
  • leanmass24
    leanmass24 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I guess I can try... I have ony been losing about 10-15lbs a month though. just got over a month long plateau, I think. What day are we using for a Weigh in day?
  • jgkimo
    jgkimo Posts: 61
    Options
    I will give it a shot. When is the 1st weigh-in?
  • jlewis1981
    Options
    First weigh-in is this Friday the 12th.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Im in.....I think it should be a race between Leanmass and I. Winner gets to eat a box of cookies.....a BIG BOX!!!!

Keep in mind fellas that I am 24 lbs from my goal weight of 173 and 8% bodyfat so I know I might plateau hard at some point.

Im gonna start doing cardio twice a day 3 days a week to kick it into high gear!!!
  • bigdaddycowgill
    bigdaddycowgill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Count me in!

SW: 335.2 on 8/15
    CW: 313.2
    GW1: 293 on 12/24
    GW2: 240 on 4/14/12
    GW3: 199 on 4/14/13(my 44th Birthday).
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm IN!
  • dmmihelcic
    dmmihelcic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Two quick questions:
    1. Can I weigh in on Sundays? I have a workout schedule with a light day on Sunday and I want to only see a scale one a week on Sunday's (only chicks weigh themselves daily)?
    2. When is the start? I weighed in this past Sunday can I make that my start?
    Dave
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    In!
  • JDMPWR
    Options
    Two quick questions:
    1. Can I weigh in on Sundays? I have a workout schedule with a light day on Sunday and I want to only see a scale one a week on Sunday's (only chicks weigh themselves daily)?
    Dave

No and no. Rules are rules. If we bend for you next thin you know everyone will want a special weigh in day......geez. 
  • leanmass24
    Options
    I want a special weigh in day!!!...lol...Doubt I will lose any by the 12th, but I will weigh.
  • dmmihelcic
    Options
    Two quick questions:
    Dave

No and no. Rules are rules. If we bend for you next thin you know everyone will want a special weigh in day......geez. 

OK jtuner77... its on!
  • dmmihelcic
    Options
    Im in.....I think it should be a race between Leanmass and I. Winner gets to eat a box of cookies.....a BIG BOX!!!!

Keep in mind fellas that I am 24 lbs from my goal weight of 173 and 8% bodyfat so I know I might plateau hard at some point.

Im gonna start doing cardio twice a day 3 days a week to kick it into high gear!!!

Hedging our bets a bit???
  • binary_jester
    Options
    I am cycling off my ephedra just for this challenge and the $ one in prep. :drinker:
  • JDMPWR
    Options
    The race is between BJ, LM and myself.....it's on boys n girls!!!!

I have made a little bit of a change to add in 3 more hours of cardio. OH MAN OH MAN
  • saraksander
    Options
    Can I play? :happy:
  • binary_jester
    Options
    Can I play? :happy:
    Guys didn't we agree for proof of our weigh in, you had to be topless right? :laugh:
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    First weigh-in is this Friday the 12th.

FRIDAY the 12th!! Oh wait, I was off a day.

Count me in!
  • leanmass24
    Options
    Yeah, I am pretty sure we did agree on the topless weigh in. :-)