30lbs lost with story and progress pictures!

Options
Let me start off by saying; I yoyo weight something terrible. I'm only 25 years old and this is my 2nd time losing a large amount of weight.

When I was 21, I weighed 185lbs - and I decided I no longer wanted that. I started working towards my weight loss goal slowly but life threw me a few curve ball with losing my brother, having a relationship of 3 years end, and having to have gallbladder surgery. By the time I was 22, I was back down to 140lbs, not by the correct way; I might add.

45cs.jpg

But life always gets me in one way shape or form, and 3 months before my 24th birthday I had a house fire, and lost my entire home. This time, the emotional stress that hit did completely the opposite than the first time. I would over eat and drink just about every day of the week. Amoung the emotional stress and the social stress from new friends (and a lot of drama...) I packed on the weight again.

6pz3.png

April of 2013, I went to a car show and got the horrible realization of just how large I had gotten. When the photos were posted up when I went to recieve my award from the show both embarrased me and infuriated me. That's when I decided things had to change; I weighted myself that night and I was a 193lbs; heaviest I have ever been in my life.

I decided to document with progress photos; These photos were taken April 8th 2013 - which I consider my day 1 start of my weight loss journey.

5t7i.jpg

These photos were over the next few months;

mwwv.jpg

rtvx.jpg

3wt1.jpg

vq6c.jpg

bq5t.jpg

jwng.jpg

dxu7.jpg

9bod.jpg

unlw.jpg

w7lr.jpg

It's been a very long 8 months and I feel that the progress has been nothing but mind numbly tedious. I've given up sodas very reluctlently, all fast food, other than occasional frozen chicken nuggets, all frozen food. I just know looking back at April and those first pictures; was not who I am and not who I want to be.

I have a long ways to go but as of today 12/23/13.. I am down 31 lbs, and here are my progress photos taken this week.

mmej.jpg

I am constantly working on bettering myself and becoming the best version of myself I can be. I still have a ways to go, but I am so much closer now than I was 8 months ago when I thought I was getting no where.

Replies

• boydsterk
    boydsterk Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hang on guys, trying to get my photos to work. :o)
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • pattycakes1978
    pattycakes1978 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great work! Thanks for sharing.
  • maralou09
    maralou09 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You are doing great!! =)
  • benniesmother
    benniesmother Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    you look awesome :) and I love that you are always looking to improve yourself. good job girl! :)
  • PecanWaffle
    Options
    You've been through a lot and you obviously have your *kitten* together. Congrats on the progress!
  • missnelso04
    missnelso04 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Mind numbingly tedious - that's how I already feel and I've only been "back at it" for a couple weeks! But you stuck with it...that's some good inspiration :)

You look great!! Keep it up!!
  • RenaZ04
    RenaZ04 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Looking good girlie!!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing and congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • 1mountainmama
    Options
    So inspiring! Thanks for posting!
  • boydsterk
    Options
    One thing I'm most proud of; I didn't give in to any gimmicks or get-skinny-quick tricks.

It's all hard work and diet.
  • warrenrose12
    warrenrose12 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You truly are an amazing person , Dont ever doubt yourself , you stuck with it and are getting to where you want to be, your photos are awesome and inspiring and confidence in yourself will grow stronger and stronger as weight comes of bit by bit . very inspiring to me thanks for your courage to put yourself out there and share your journey with us take care and have a beautiful Christmas .:drinker:
  • PinkSky788
    Options
    you look awesome! great job!!
  • tabbyxxcat
    tabbyxxcat Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Love the pictures! I scrolled down like, getting skinnier...and skinnier...and skinnier...and then wow! At the end! You look terrific! Much love to you, skinny gal <3
  • msazizzum
    Options
    Such great inspiration! :)
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Great job, sorry life has given you so many issues so early on :(
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look wonderful!
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WOW - AMAZING!
  • boydsterk
    Options
    Thank you everyone! My goal for the end of the year was to be finally back in the 150's. I'm cutting it close but this morning I weighed 161. :o)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!